Lump on cats leg

louisesev

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello this is my cat Suzie, a lump has appeared on her leg on Thursday, she is an outdoor cat and we do seem to have a lot more bees in the garden recently, i called the vet and had an appointment yesterday, she has been given antibiotics and loxicom, he said the lump is unusual as it is hard so it could be something sinister, Suzie is eating well and acting like she always does, I just feel that I did not get a lot of information, he told me to make an appointment in 2 weeks time also. i wondered if anyone else has had this with their cat? I'm am just worried sick, any advice wold be really appreciated. thanks
suzie.jpg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! You did the right thing to go to the vet and express your concern about the lump and bees as a possibility. If this is an insect bite, Suzie is fortunately not having a serious reaction such as severe swelling or agitation. However, I think that your vet told you the right course of action. If it goes away, that is the end of the issue but if it does not respond to this treatment and is still there it does need to be investigated. Causes of bumps can range and your vet cannot tell you, in most cases, what it might be by looking at it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

louisesev

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you so much for your reply, i am just so worried she has cancer she will be 11 this year and i have had her since she was 8 weeks old, she is a huge part of my life and i may just be over reacting.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Don't think ahead like that. Remember that most suspicious conditions turn out not to be cancer, so just follow the vet's instructions and then return if there is not an improvement. Please let us know what you find out. Also remember that every medical website is going to protect themselves from liability by stating that it could always be the worst.