Ivy204

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Lets try and keep the train on the tracks. This thread is getting a bit derailed.

Anyways let us know what the vet says.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Morgana’s Human

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If it’s only been a month, I think there’s a good chance it’s just inflammation. If it were me, I’d personally not vaccinate this cat again. Unless your rabies laws are super strict, then I’d insist on Purevax rabies only, leg only. Some cats are more sensitive to vaccine inflammation than others.
Vaccines are pretty mandatory if Morgana needs to go in for boarding - while she’s an indoor only cat, I feel like it’s really important to keep on top of her vaccines - I work with animals for my job and am very aware of potentially bringing things in. I’m hoping that it’s just an inflammation from having the vaccines and not anything more - she’s as hungry as ever, affectionate and playful as ever! This didn’t happen with her first round of vaccinations when i got her last year, but I also guess things change. I’ll see what the vet says on Monday - been monitoring the site closely and it’s not getting any bigger.

Ivy204

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Vaccines are pretty mandatory if Morgana needs to go in for boarding - while she’s an indoor only cat, I feel like it’s really important to keep on top of her vaccines - I work with animals for my job and am very aware of potentially bringing things in. I’m hoping that it’s just an inflammation from having the vaccines and not anything more - she’s as hungry as ever, affectionate and playful as ever! This didn’t happen with her first round of vaccinations when i got her last year, but I also guess things change. I’ll see what the vet says on Monday - been monitoring the site closely and it’s not getting any bigger.
That’s probably all it is! I wouldn’t worry too much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Morgana’s Human

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Morning everyone, we’re back from the vet!

After a mortifying moment where I accidentally kissed the vet’s hand (I was trying to calm Morgana while helping to keep her still…..it’s okay apparently it’s not the first and the last…. still….. i’m gonna hide my face for the next two days!) she confirmed it’s most likely from the injection site. She isn’t worried, the lump being very movable and only around 1cm, and Morgana’s exam was perfect. We’re just going to keep monitoring - it should go away naturally, but if it gets bigger than 2cm, it’s still there in 2 months time then we’ll go ahead and sample - right now it’ll likely be inconclusive. Thank you everyone for your reassurance! I’m going to be mortified in my cup of tea now! 😂

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Good news about Morgana! Vets are used to close contact from owners, I am sure, in cases where someone tries to comfort or restrain their pet.

This will make you feel better. Two GSDs ago, I had a huge boy who had lost the use of his back legs. His vet was a very competent young man, who also happened to look like Jude Law. He would always go out with me to help me put the dog into the back of my car. One time, as we hoisted the dog up, I grabbed the vet's leg instead of the dog.