Lumberyard's Babies

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear this. Had they not been taking their formula well?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lumberyard's babies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The other one wanted to be with its siblings too. Held both as they passed on, but they have a nice little spot in the corner of the yard and will get a rose bush planted tomorrow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lumberyard's babies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear this. Had they not been taking their formula well?
They were eating good today, real active, real loudmouths, then they just went lethargic and cold. Tried to warm them up and they seemed to come around, but a couple hours later they were laboring to breathe and not crying anymore. Never saw a mother reject her litter before, not this young, but we tried our best.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So sad. You did your best caring for them. RIP sweet babies. :rbheart:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read this and am so sorry to hear about their passing. If this ever happens to you again and it's the first thing I thought was colostrum (mothers first milk). This is critical. In a horse you have 48 hours, I believe a kitten it's only 12. If anyone reading this finds themselves in this situation, call a vet or shelter and get a colostrum substitute.
Again, I am so very sorry.