Luke & Leo Russian Blue kids

Russian Blue mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys, thanks for having me!

We have two new fur kids, Luka is a 9 year old white girl & Leo, a 4 month old blue boy.
Always loved & had cats, first experience for us with Russian Blue kids.

My dilemma is that they aren't getting on too well, Luka was adopted and only with us for a few weeks before the little Leo arrived.
At 9, I fear she is too old to accept his playful ways & dont know how to allow them what they need. (Or do I accept that this is as good as it gets)
Sharing food, water & litter, and even quietly sleep beside one another at times but also some really intense hissing & growling pretty much every day!

The introduction was too hasty but all we could do at the time, shall I try a reintroduction??
Any advice on what I can do or is it still too early to expect too much? ( its been 2,5 months)

Any advice appreciated.
X

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
First, a BIG welcome to you and those adorable cats! We're so happy to have you here!

Second, it isn't unusual for a cat of Luka's age to be a bit impatient with a rowdy kitten. You're actually doing far, far better than you think! Don't worry overly much about the hissing and growling, even an occasional swat is perfectly normal. Consider it to be Luka teaching this little upstart his manners, and exactly who is who in the household hierarchy. Most of your problems are going to disappear with time, as Leo grows up and settles down. Meantime, it sounds as if Luka has things well in hand paw.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Russian Blue mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my goodness! I could just cry at this response! Thank you so much. They can be so good but then completely intolerant the net day!
I was hoping as he settles down, and is less "zoomy" they may have more in common with regards to their lazy times together. I really appreciate this hearing this, its kind of what I felt in my gut but hadn't exhausted all options yet. I will simply let them be....... have a beautiful day x

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Again, welcome, and OF COURSE! That's what we're here for! Feel free to post any other questions you have in Cat Behavior. You'll get lots of responses, and some very good ideas!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and to your adorable felines!

As mentioned above, I think your cats are fine. Believe it or not, I have cats who have been together for years but until now there are still a bit of hissing, growling and swatting every now and then. There are times they also would chase one another, ending with someone being swatted real hard. As you say your cats eat and sleep together. So no worries. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Russian Blue mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lol! Joke is on me! After hours of reading researching and joining support groups....
I went looking for the babies only to find them happily napping together. (This is the closest they’ve ever napped!)🤭🤣🤷🏻‍♀️😂❤
needless to say I’m happy and probably don’t need that reintroduction 🤭

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
9221ab70ef24aec94064cac998245088.gif
Russian Blue mum, Luka and Leo, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
3927543b9f9b7bb1bfb24669a09e2225.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Both Luka and Leo are beautiful! :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:
Luka and Leo are pawsitively beautiful. It also looks like they're well on their way to being best buds. :catlove: