Lucky needs a a lot of vibes.....

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peace and healthy cats! Thats the ultimate.

Prayers going up for Lucky. I never found the hairball paste worked for me. My sons cat is on Miralax. And he is a long haired kitty that had really severe constipation.

I don't think I would ever try the paste again now that I see how this works.

I hope giving it a day or two, Lucky will come around. It's so hard when our kids are sick.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news! Lucky is eating on her own! Yey!
I force-fed her twice today, and decided to buy some hairball food to see if she would eat. Now, in normal circumstances I would do a 10-day switch, but on this case, the most important thing is obviously for her to eat. So, she is on a crash-change of diet. If you will judge me, please don't... she was just not eating her food at all, and she can't be force fed forever... The vet wants her on a hairball formula, so I have to do what I have to do, and this is it, unfortunately I don't have a choice here.
Anyways, I bought 4 brands, and she liked them all, but the one she preferred was ProPlan Hairball Formula. My plan will be to feed her on a schedule, am and PM, when I feed Bugsy and Hope their wet food. This way I can lock her up in the bathroom for 15 minutes or so for her to eat. Hopefully the remaining of the time she will snack on the other food (HP 23, Hope's and Bugsy's) I can not free feed her food, since Bugsy and Hope have IBD and Allergy.
Her vet told me to wait until tomorrow and watch her poop - if she has diarrhea, give her a dose of DiaGel. Today her poop is SO hard, it almost needs a nut cracker to be cracked open - seriously. It is that hard and dry. My girl is seriously constipated
I don't even know how that thing came out of her... I can't give her laxatives as she had a pretty drastic change of food, so all I can do is wait until tomorrow.
For now I am just happy that she is eating and she hasn't thrown up since she got back from the vet... I am trying to address one problem at a time, as they come.
She is in high spirits, and her personality is completely normal. She also had a good drink of water tonight, so I am happy about that too...
I will keep you all posted tomorrow! Thanks for all the vibes, we really really appreciate it!

aprilyim

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear about the good news! Hope she gets 100% very soon!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad that Lucky is eating by herself! That's a good sign!
I hope she gets better soon.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bastetservant

Oh, good, good,

good, GOOD!!!!

Thanks for the report. I've been thinking about Lucky.

Robin
SUCH great news - must be a HUGE relief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep it up Lucky!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And the better news! She continues to eat, and so far no diarrhea yet!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw this thread. I'm so happy that she's doing better!!

Abby eats Purina Cat Chow hair ball remedy food. Even the kittens have decided that it is the food they prefer, so I've stopped even trying to get them to eat the kitten chow. It just sits and sits.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

And the better news! She continues to eat, and so far no diarrhea yet!

Keep it up Lucky girl!

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Many vibes for all of you!

You can't bore us here; you know we are happy to discuss every orifice and bodily function known to cats!

Also, no judging on your choice of food from me: mine only eat Friskies Buffet with gravy, and a bit of kibble on the side.

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this.

and
for you, Lucky, Bugsy and Hope.

Especially for Lucky! I hope that she gets better very quickly.