Lucas is allergic to hills z/d canned, but not to the dry, I have evidence!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I won't be giving Lucas any other food , only the dry z/d for now.  I will wait a long time, I don't know, maybe two months or more. 

It has been really bad for him for a long time, the poor baby needs a break.  He has been feeling good today.
:jump: Glad to hear your Lucas is feeling better today :D!!! That is what I want to hear :nod: :bigthumb:

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the Natural Balance wet food, you might want to check to see if chicken is in the salmon or venison. I tried them with my Curly and he reacted. Then I looked on the back of the can and they listed chicken in there. 

It is a shame if he is allergic to chicken because it seems like chicken is in everything. I have gone through the same thing with Curly and it is a nightmare. 

The zd dry is good because it has anti-allergy ingredients in it, and that will suppress his reaction. I want to try that for Curly too! 

If you decide to introduce other foods later on, you might want to also use those allergy pills or whatever else your vet recommends that contain anti-inflammatory properties. It can make his transition easier.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the Natural Balance wet food, you might want to check to see if chicken is in the salmon or venison. I tried them with my Curly and he reacted. Then I looked on the back of the can and they listed chicken in there. 

It is a shame if he is allergic to chicken because it seems like chicken is in everything. I have gone through the same thing with Curly and it is a nightmare. 

The zd dry is good because it has anti-allergy ingredients in it, and that will suppress his reaction. I want to try that for Curly too! 

If you decide to introduce other foods later on, you might want to also use those allergy pills or whatever else your vet recommends that contain anti-inflammatory properties. It can make his transition easier.
BarbB, there are two types of Natural Balance foods - one regular, which is probably the one you used, which will contain chichen - and the one that we are talking about, that doesn't - The LID (Limited Ingredient Diet) These are the ones used for allergies, protein elimination trials,etc. For example: Venison and Pea, Salmon and Pea, Green Pea and Duck..... These do not have chicken.

Venison and Green Pea Ingredients:
Venison, Venison Broth, Venison Liver, Pea Flour, Venison Meal, Salmon Oil, Dicalcium Phosphate, Kelp, Flaxseed, Guar Gum, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Potassium Chloride, Methionine, Taurine, Parsley, Dried Cranberries, Yucca Schidigera, Sodium Chloride, Carrageenan, Zinc Sulfate, Iron Sulfate,Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Calcium Iodate,Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin, Vitamin A Supplement,Folic Acid, Vitamin K Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12.

Salmon and Green Pea Canned Ingredients:
Salmon Meal, Pea Protein, Salmon Oil, Dicalcium Phosphate, Guar Gum, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Sodium Chloride, Flaxseed, Parsley, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Cranberries, Carrageenan, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement

Salmon and Green Pea Dry:
Peas, Salmon Meal, Pea Protein, Salmon, Canola Oil, Flaxseed, Natural Flavor, Choline Chloride, Methionine, Taurine, Natural Tocopherols, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6),Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Folic Acid.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I won't be giving Lucas any other food , only the dry z/d for now.  I will wait a long time, I don't know, maybe two months or more. 

It has been really bad for him for a long time, the poor baby needs a break.  He has been feeling good today.
You BOTH need a break! :hugs: :rub:

GREAT he felt well! Hope it has continued!!!!! :D :bigthumb: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have all the Natural Balance wet foods because that is what I feed my four indoor kitties and my two outdoor ferals, it is their regular food. I should have checked before writing to you. I knew it was one of either salmon or chicken. Curly is allergic to salmon too. That is why I could not use the Natural Balance Limited ingredients. Sorry, I said chicken, I thought it was in there too! Thanks for listing each ingredient, next time don't bother on my account :-).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Barbara,  don't worry about it Barbara. I use the limited ingredient NB, I have the salmon and venison here so Lucas can try them later on.  I also have Nature's Variety Lamb and evanger's rabbit.