Low phosphorous freeze dried raw suggestions for CKD cat?

samus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I figured someone's already researched this, but didn't see it when I searched. Anyone know what freeze dried raw foods are low phosphorous? (less than 0.9% dry matter, preferably 0.7 or lower)

I'm also avoiding fish, chicken, and turkey right now. (Trying to figure out the allergy thing....)

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We feed our cats a lot of Primal, which has low-to-moderate phosphorous levels. I don't remember the figures but Primal has numbers on their site. The pork would be the only one that fits the proteins you need; our cats love it.

Stella & Chewy's freeze-dried foods don't fit your proteins, but I'll just mention that when I called the company for numbers they were so high that I wondered if their figures were right. (I don't remember specifics but they came out to four or five percent dry matter... and yes I checked my methodology!) They do make frozen rabbit food, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm in Germany, and if I can find raw frozen premade, it's for dogs. I think freeze dried is my only option from those brands.

But I did see some just plain frozen horse at the pet food store. In the dog section, of course. But no idea where I'd get the phosphorous/nutrient breakdown for that (and it doesn't say if there's any organs involved, just nice, big frozen horse chunks).

Can I buy frozen like that, thaw it to grind it, and refreeze it?