Low Carb for Kitten (On a budget)

tlco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its Taste of the Wild River Canyon, 15lb bag for $26. Lasts over a month. I also feed canned food but don't buy it monthly as I buy it in large amounts for $21 a case. I rotate all foods every so often. :)
Sorry, didn't work the first time. do either one of the above mention food contain fish or fish oil I have two cats that are allergic vet recommends do not feed anything with it? also where do you buy it online or in a store?

Last edited:

tlco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
SKU: 11732

IngredientsCHICKEN, CHICKEN MEAL, BROWN RICE, BREWERS RICE, CHICKEN BY-PRODUCT MEAL, DRIED PLAIN BEET PULP, POWDERED CELLULOSE, NATURAL FLAVOR, ANIMAL FAT (PRESERVED WITH MIXED TOCOPHEROLS), BREWERS DRIED YEAST, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, DRIED PEAS, SALT, TAURINE, CARAMEL COLOR, DL-METHIONINE, DRIED TOMATO, DRIED BLUEBERRY, DRIED SWEET POTATO, DRIED APPLE, DRIED CRANBERRY,DRIED SPINACH, CHOLINE CHLORIDE, DRIED CARROTS, MIXED TOCOPHEROLS (A PRESERVATIVE), VITAMINS (VITAMIN E SUPPLEMENT, NIACIN, VITAMIN A SUPPLEMENT, VITAMIN B12 SUPPLEMENT, THIAMINE MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], RIBOFLAVIN SUPPLEMENT [VITAMIN B2], d-CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE [VITAMIN B6], VITAMIN D3 SUPPLEMENT, FOLIC ACID, BIOTIN), MINERALS(ZINC SULFATE, COPPER SULFATE, MANGANESE SULFATE, POTASSIUM IODIDE), YUCCA SCHIDIGERA EXTRACT, SODIUM COPPER CHLOROPHYLLIN.

Analysis:

Crude Protein (min) 31%
Crude Fat (min) 12.5%
Crude Fiber (max) 6%
Moisture (max) 12%

Upon checking the taste of wild river brand although it has a higher protein the first ingredients is chicken meal. I personally prefer my cat and dog food to begin with a 100% protein. GoodLife does contain chicken meal but on all of its products it contains as the first ingredient meat not meal the protien level is lower (31%) but I do feel that the ingredients are better, just my comments. I've had great success with this food. You can buy it in Walmart but not in the large bags you can however order it online from Amazon, pet360, chewy and other retailers in the 22 pound bags for approximately $23. They have several varieties.

elkie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@Tlco  unfortunately all of the good quality grain free kibble I can think of contains fish, which is a shame since I'd prefer to avoid that ingredient as well. I don't like giving my kittens rice or other grains either, and powdered cellulose is basically sawdust. I'm glad that food works for you though!

Last edited:

tlco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@elkie I thank you for the info on cellulose...will do some research on that. Far as grains brown rice is definitely better then corn or white rice and maybe the other ingredient kinda override the brown rice, for me anyway. I am constantly looking for better food so all info is welcome.

Last edited:

oldgloryrags88

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry, didn't work the first time. do either one of the above mention food contain fish or fish oil I have two cats that are allergic vet recommends do not feed anything with it? also where do you buy it online or in a store?

Hi there. :)

Yes, they do contain fish for both foods. I buy it at a feed store when I get my farm supplies. You can buy online like someone else said, but it is cheaper in the store where I am than online.