Loves to cuddle except near my bed...

siren's daddy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Like the title says Siren loves to cuddle, but she will not hardly come near me if I'm on my bed. It doesn't matter what time of day, night, or weather or not she is in a play or cuddle mood. If I get on my bed (even sitting on it) she will not come with in arms length of me unless we are playing but if I try to touch her she will run across the room then come back to try and play again.

I have never stopped her from being on the bed. As far as I am concerned she has free roam there. She will play and sleep on it when I'm not on it, even with me in the room. If she is sleeping or resting on it I can pet her as long as I don't sit or lay on it. Then she gets up an jumps down. When I found her as an abandoned 2 week old feral she slept with me in the bed. It was the only place she would sleep with out constant crying. She liked to curl up against my chest near my armpit with me laying on my side.

When she got to about 4 weeks old she started finding other places in the room to sleep (she's about 19 weeks old now). Some times when I wake up in the morning she is near my feet on the bed. If I reach over to pet her she moves.

I tried catching her at her most cuddly moment; when I walk in the door from work. According to her she MUST be picked up and showered with attention. I started loving her as soon as I walked in. This normally goes for about 10 or 15 minutes. When I picked her up I started slowly walking to the bed and as soon as I sat down she wanted to get away. normally if I where to go to my recliner she would curl up on my chest until I want her to move. So its not the sitting motion.

I thought this might be something she would grow out of. Its not a big deal to me if she doesn't want to cuddle on the bed. I just find it odd. Is there something that I might be doing that makes her feel unwelcome?

The only thing I can think of is I wonder if I might have rolled on to her in my sleep and she has some sort of kitty PTSD from it. Although I have no memory of that ever happening.

BTW, she isn't fixed yet, that will be happening soon. I am seeing if any of the wild feline rescue centers in the area will help me with the cost as I don't have much money at the moment. If that doesn't happen I will have to wait for my income tax money to come in. Until then she is confined to the house.