Loves the box?!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just bought my cats a tree that expands from floor to ceiling. Not cheap. Do they love it? NOPE!! But the box! Oh yeah, their new best friend. Wonder why that's the case with everything I buy them?

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know why that is...but it is certainly fairly universal to kitties. Ours do the same thing. I'm sure if you wound up making the box "disappear" one day, they would start noticing their new tree.

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep - just about all cats do that.
Like maherwoman said, taking away the box would probably help.
It worked with my cats when I got them their condo

mia's mommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mia loves boxes, I'm an ebay addict and anytime I get something new she has to play in the box. She will pull the tape off the sides off the box or any little strips of torn box. Rip rip rip out during the night. She rubs her head on them and she jumps on my foots whe she realizes i'm tking them out. But she will not play with her scratching post.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We recently got a new monitor for our computer..that was in January I think..Anways, Trout loves the box so much that we haven't had the heart to get rid of it. She always just sits in there, or sits on top of it, or plays with toys in it..

It's pretty funny as it makes our livingroom look cluttered by I just can't take it from her yet..

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had the cardboard box from the new microwave sitting on the living room floor for weeks now! They all love it. I have put some ping pong balls inside now and made it into a real toy. The same goes for any suitcase, bag or container that appears at any time.

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

I have had the cardboard box from the new microwave sitting on the living room floor for weeks now! They all love it. I have put some ping pong balls inside now and made it into a real toy. The same goes for any suitcase, bag or container that appears at any time.
Oh yes...our babies love to sleep on top of suitcases...LOL!! I always delay putting them away because they love it so much!

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
my cat has taken to climbing into my husband's softsided briefcase and chomping on papers. One of these days she is going to eat a deed or a contrct and then my husband may get into the habit of zipping the case closed. Just now she was chewing on copies of our tax return. How would we explain this to the IRS? The cat ate my return?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

my cat has taken to climbing into my husband's softsided briefcase and chomping on papers. One of these days she is going to eat a deed or a contrct and then my husband may get into the habit of zipping the case closed. Just now she was chewing on copies of our tax return. How would we explain this to the IRS? The cat ate my return?
That's funny!!
I think that would be an original excuse!