Loved Melania's Outfit

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

Make no mistake, I am not a Trump fan.  However, Melania's blue Ralph Lauren outfit was outstanding and she looked spectacular.  I wasn't a fan of her ball gown though.  I think she could have done much better. 

When you compare Michelle Obama to Melania Trump you have to understand that Melania is where she is because of the way she looks.  Not for a minute do I believe that she's as educated as the right claims.  She had to retract her claim that she had a college degree because, well, she doesn't.

Trump married her because she's beautiful.  And she is beautiful; there's no denying that.  And though she's not an academic, I would imagine that she's somewhat intelligent.    But Michelle Obama is so much more than just a pretty face.  She graduated from Princeton and went on to earn a law degree from Harvard. Although I find Michelle lovely and I'm sure Barack does too, it's her fierce mind and grace that make her so appealing to millions. 

Perhaps others don't feel the same, but I thought we'd come further as a country than to judge the worth of the First Lady simply by appearance.  Like I said earlier, Melania Trump is where she is because she's beautiful.  Michelle Obama is where she is because she's brilliant.
Ditto everything you just said! 

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
LavishSqualor -
~ I think everyone likes your comments about Melania Trump and Michelle Obama ! I wish it was posted at a political web site that I visited. Everyone there was bashing Melania simply because she is beautiful. Silly people ... ´[emoji]128530[/emoji]~

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's pretty harsh 

Michelle always looked so well put together. And such poise.  And a woman who is strong and intelligent
I totally agree. Michelle is strong, intelligent plus she is a kind person who cares about other people.  Not Melania. All she cares about is her looks. I don't think she is attractive at all.

Ellen 

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

I totally agree. Michelle is strong, intelligent plus she is a kind person who cares about other people.  Not Melania. All she cares about is her looks. I don't think she is attractive at all.

Ellen 
How do you know all she cares about is her looks ?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Ellen 
I think Michelle Obama was one of the best first ladies we've ever had.  Based on Melania Trump's background, I doubt she'll measure up to the high standards Michelle Obama set.  However, people do rise to the occasion.  At this point, it's impossible to know what Melania Trump thinks is important so I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised.  We really don't know that all she cares about is her looks.  

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

How do you know all she cares about is her looks ?
I admit I was just assuming. I pay as little attention to her and her husband as possible. Anybody can be beautiful if they had her money.

Care to explain your harsh comment about Michelle in post #5? 

Last edited:

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

I admit I was just assuming. I pay as little attention to her and her husband as possible. Anybody can be beautiful if they had her money.

Care to explain your harsh comment about Michelle in post #5? 
Oh I meant it. The woman could look stunning but often her clothes were ill fitting or looked like they came out of her kids closets. I always wondered if she had any really close GFs to say darling it's a pretty dress but don't...All that high fashion wasn't her and often you got the impression she wasn't very happy either. Michelle never had a style she had what people stuck on her. Melania Trump is going to look good in anything. She has the models body that designers base their clothing on. I spent 8 years waiting for one of those belts to come unhooked and fly off like her taking out someone's eye.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I meant it. The woman could look stunning but often her clothes were ill fitting or looked like they came out of her kids closets. I always wondered if she had any really close GFs to say darling it's a pretty dress but don't...All that high fashion wasn't her and often you got the impression she wasn't very happy either. Michelle never had a style she had what people stuck on her. Melania Trump is going to look good in anything. She has the models body that designers base their clothing on. I spent 8 years waiting for one of those belts to come unhooked and fly off like her taking out someone's eye.
I could not disagree more.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even if that's true. . .lol, I have no fashion sense so I wouldn't know. . .I do hope you're not saying that she is worth less as a person or that a woman should be judged by her clothes. I am a person whose clothes never look right, I don't have a style, if I were famous I would just wear whatever someone stuck on me. I really hope people don't think I'm worthless because of that :/.

Last edited:

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Even if that's true. . .lol, I have no fashion sense so I wouldn't know. . .I do hope you're not saying that she is worth less as a person or that a woman should be judged by her clothes. I am a person whose clothes never look right, I don't have a style, if I were famous I would just wear whatever someone stuck on me. I really hope people don't think I'm worthless because of that :/.
I don't agree with you on anything in politics but you are not worthless ever.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

No one is worthless except me of course. Just ask my family.

You sound like a clothes snob. I could care less about fashion or what people wear. 
Sometimes families can be awful.  They are obviously full of 
when it comes to this issue but we know better!   ((((Hugs to Muffy)))))

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
@Muffy  
 from me, too. 

As for Michelle's style, yes, she had style. It may not always have been high-falutin', but she had style. I loved most (not all, but most) of her dresses and gowns. But I also liked the fact that she wasn't afraid to "dress down" when the occasion called for it. And yeah, some of her stuff came from JCrew. Which I thought was pretty cool, considering who she was.

I'm sure that Mrs. Trump will continue to be the highly-stylish, very polished woman that many Trump supporters think is so important. 

Last edited:

lily paddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I wanted to see what the dress looked like without the Criss crossed over part looked like i gotta say.. it didn't look like it got wrinkled from what i saw.. I wanna wear elbow gloves!!!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is very important to have someone finally in the White House that can give it some class. This after all is a 'job' that many will look up to and mimic. Jackie O was the same way. You can't acquire what Melania has, you are born with it. I can't believe that I am hearing personal attacks on her looks and speculations on why Trump married her. They have not even been in office a week. I'm so glad that all these people so full of hate are all so without sin themselves, to be able to judge others.

Most of the reasons for the Woman's march happened over thirty years ago, I for one can think of a lot of things I did when I was young and juvenile that I am not proud of now. I have also worked in a man's world for most of my life, doing jobs that were considered male oriented. I can tell you that Trump is not the only one that has said things about women he shouldn't have, and I am sure there are many more that thought it. I handled that talk in my job myself.Most of the men I worked with are still my friends. the others are forgotten.

As for the abortion issue brought up in the march, we have got to put more emphasis on birth control and not using abortion for that. Has anyone wondered why there are hundreds of thousands of abortions a year? That is absolutely unacceptable. I can say with confidence that almost ALL of these are NOT from incest, rape, or fetal deformity. I truly do not understand how in this day and age, and knowing the amount of diseases out there, ANYONE is having unprotected sex.  To kill a 8 month old fetus instead of adoption is ridiculous. I was pressured to get an abortion 45 years ago, I know how convincing they can be. I thank God every day that my daughter is here, she is a light in my life.    

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is very important to have someone finally in the White House that can give it some class. This after all is a 'job' that many will look up to and mimic. Jackie O was the same way. You can't acquire what Melania has, you are born with it. I can't believe that I am hearing personal attacks on her looks and speculations on why Trump married her. They have not even been in office a week. I'm so glad that all these people so full of hate are all so without sin themselves, to be able to judge others.
Most of the reasons for the Woman's march happened over thirty years ago, I for one can think of a lot of things I did when I was young and juvenile that I am not proud of now. I have also worked in a man's world for most of my life, doing jobs that were considered male oriented. I can tell you that Trump is not the only one that has said things about women he shouldn't have, and I am sure there are many more that thought it. I handled that talk in my job myself.Most of the men I worked with are still my friends. the others are forgotten.
As for the abortion issue brought up in the march, we have got to put more emphasis on birth control and not using abortion for that. Has anyone wondered why there are hundreds of thousands of abortions a year? That is absolutely unacceptable. I can say with confidence that almost ALL of these are NOT from incest, rape, or fetal deformity. I truly do not understand how in this day and age, and knowing the amount of diseases out there, ANYONE is having unprotected sex.  To kill a 8 month old fetus instead of adoption is ridiculous. I was pressured to get an abortion 45 years ago, I know how convincing they can be. I thank God every day that my daughter is here, she is a light in my life.    
This is, quite frankly, racist and sexist.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, not all Trump supporters, or even many, think that style is "so important."  If you think that's all the matters to us, you are wrong.  What matters to me is action not polished words that don't mean a thing nor dressing to the nines all the time.  I'm personally more comfortable in sweats and tennis shoes.  But I do appreciate the right clothes on the right body, even if I'd never be caught wearing it myself.  

I LOVED Melania's light blue dress!  It was just perfect for the occasion and it suited her body perfectly.  She was definitely the best-dressed there.  I did not care at all for her evening gown white off the shoulder dress.  As for Michelle, what she wears doesn't bother me one little bit.  Live and let live, I say.  Her sense of style seems to be more casual and practical, which is what I prefer for myself.  You have to dress for the occasion but in a way that suits you, not somebody else.  

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Apparently it's impossible to have a discussion of a dress without it turning political. It's a sorry state of affairs. :uuh: If you want to debate, take it to IMO. I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.