Love the smell, but hate the taste...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't guess I've ever smelled a lady bug...

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the smell of coffee.. especially at the coffee shop in our mall, but I think it tastes disgusting. I like the smell of gasoline, too.. but I can't say I've ever tasted it.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

I don't guess I've ever smelled a lady bug...
LOL, they just smell *funky*!
Kinda like dirt...
or something. And sometimes french fries taste like that.....lol.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

well, i think coffee & popcorn both taste way better than they smell, but i don't hate either of them - i'm just always disappointed!
edited to add: i also like the smell of gas fumes, diesal fumes, airplane glue, etc - but i wouldn't want to eat them

eta: forgot - anyone else old enough to remember mimeographed papers at school - those purple worksheets? LOVED the smell of them when they were straight from the copier!
I remember helping our teacher make coloring sheets using that gel stuff!

cat_eyes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i like the smell of coffe.
but my mom wont let me drink it.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

well, i think coffee & popcorn both taste way better than they smell, but i don't hate either of them - i'm just always disappointed!
edited to add: i also like the smell of gas fumes, diesal fumes, airplane glue, etc - but i wouldn't want to eat them

eta: forgot - anyone else old enough to remember mimeographed papers at school - those purple worksheets? LOVED the smell of them when they were straight from the copier!
I love the sceen from Fast times at Ridgemont High when the teacher hands out some papers and everyone in the class smells the paper.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hummm...i like that "new car" smell, but i don't think i will be chowing down on a car anytime soon.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Hummm...i like that "new car" smell, but i don't think i will be chowing down on a car anytime soon.
Oooh, I love the new car smell, too. But I agree.. I don't think anyone will be eating a car because of the smell.. at least, I won't.

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are y'all sure you're not talking about the orange asian biting ladybugs, rather than the pretty red ones? Usually infestations are of the asian ones... and they stink... but the red ones don't usually smell.

Anyway, I dont think I have a lot to add... usually if I like a smell I like the taste too, and vice versa. Like cantaloupe. the smell AND taste make me vomit.

Oh, and I agree on the gas giving migraines thing. I can't even pump gas into our car- I get sick from the smell...

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coffee! The smell of coffee brewing in the morning is lovely (unless its the cheap strong stuff they make at work) but I can't stand the taste of it, at Tim Hortons they once poured coffee on my teabag and silly me not realising because I was still inside and it smelt like coffee everywhere took a sip... I spat it out!
Coconuts for me too

I also love the smell of gas!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

Oooh, I love the new car smell, too. But I agree.. I don't think anyone will be eating a car because of the smell.. at least, I won't.
lol i hope i won't eithor, sure is tempting though

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

lol i hope i won't eithor, sure is tempting though
Well if you ever give in and try, let me know how it goes!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

Well if you ever give in and try, let me know how it goes!
lol, i'll let you know if i ever try it. Hehe, it would be pretty funny if there was a set of teeth marks on a car seat
. I don't think i'll be trying that though- that can't be good for your teeth (i'm getting my dental hygeine degree, so i'm weird about teeth
)

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love the smell of Pie and Coblers, but I don't like the way they taste. I don't like mushy fruit stuff. I love the way coconut smells, but hate the texture of it in my mouth. It feels like I need to rinse my mouth out. I also love the smell of yogurt, but don't like the taste.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

I love the smell of Pie and Coblers, but I don't like the way they taste. I don't like mushy fruit stuff. I love the way coconut smells, but hate the texture of it in my mouth. It feels like I need to rinse my mouth out. I also love the smell of yogurt, but don't like the taste.
I totally forgot about pie! I too, love the smell of a pie, but I don't like them at all! It dosen't matter what kind of pie it is, I just don't like them, they sure do smell yummy though!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

new books (I fan the pages and inhale deeply!), and paper fresh out of the copier.
Yummy! I also like the smell of old books, model car/airplane glue, permanent markers, sawdust.. I'm beginning to think we're all a little bit loony here!
Or maybe it's just me!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New crayons and glue sticks from grade school. Also rubber cement

And the worst of all.... cow and horse poop!
The smell reminds me of back home in Kentucky on the farm I grew up on