Love Tales 2: Is loving the person for the money ever right?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had an elderly lady tell me once when I was young that it's as easy to love a rich man as it is to love a poor one!

I married for love, but I gotta tell ya - if there was ever a next time - it would be for money!

Don't get me wrong - I love my husband to bits and he's the love of my life so that's why if anything happened to him, I would probably never be that lucky again so I'd go for the bucks.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bumpy

I spent some time in Toronto and got to know one of the seven sister firms and it seems that the people there do give time to the less fortunate. They may not donate money but many of them do Pro Bono work.
I would agree. A number of lawyers at the firm work on cases Pro Bono, which promotes a level of humility IMO, not to mention it's good for the firm's reputation.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think money should ever be an issue - unless you're dating a mooch. As far as I'm concerned, I've lived for the last several years by only just scraping by, so I find it incredibly easy to carry on doing that. Rune makes a helluva lot of money - I had no idea how much until I saw how much he's spent just in making my life comfortable in the apartment! I was quite happy to puddle along with what I'd got left, but he insisted that he was going to make sure I was more than cared for. I'm not overly comfortable with the idea, but it seems to make him happy. Otherwise, I'm dating him because he is just downright wonderful. He's respectful (apart from when he's had too much to drink - but we're working on a solution for that), he gave up smoking so that I woudln't have to live with that, he's genuine, open, honest, caring... what more could a girl ask for? The fact that he earns a lot and is good looking are just two very nice bonuses for me. He's worked very hard to get where he is today, and he deserves to enjoy it

So no, money should never be a problem. If you're in a relationship for the money, what are you going to do if that person loses his/her job? You gunna kick them when they're down and jsut walk off?

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll go against the grain here. As long as everyone knows the score, ie I'm only dating you because you have money then I don't see it being an issue. Sorry there are a lot of reasons we have relationships, love, money, companionship all are valid.