Love Stinks!!

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm 44 - never been married. I would never sit at home on a weekend night, unless I wanted to. I have a lot of friends (some married - some not). I invite my friends and their husbands over for dinner and a hockey game. I go with my friends to sporting events or out to dinner. I will go see a movie or show one at my house and invite a bunch of people over. I am very involved in my church and am very busy with all kinds of events. I am not waiting around for a man to make me feel complete. At this age, I am not really looking for anybody. If I met the man of my dreams (and I mean he would have to be the man of my dreams) I would not be closed to a relationship with him, but I'm not going to sit around and wait till he shows up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK maybe poor choice of words, I just titled it love stinks because I think the song is funny, I don't literally mean that love stinks lol, I just meant that relationships and the dating scene are hard at times..

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do admire you strength!!! A lot of women would not be able to do what you did and would have stayed! That shows you have character and are self assured!!!! You deserve someone that appreciates all of that.

auroraviva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll share those graham crackers with you! LOL I'll bring some home-made brownies, too.
Yup, the male half of the species officially sucks. I don't think there is a more appropriate thread on this board for what I'm dealing with in my life at the moment.

My fiance and I broke up about a month and a half ago. And while I've had my share of dates in that month and a half, I feel like I'm drowning or something. The dating scene can be so over-whelming! The guys who are interested in me are jerks, and aren't interested in me for my personality, if you know what I mean. And the nice, sweet, responsible guys that I'd like to date are all "just friends" with me! Grrr . . .

I do totally agree with your decision about cutting things off completely with that guy . . . that's what I did with my ex. It's hard, but so much better than the alternative.