Contest Love Is In The Air: January Picture Of The Month Photo Contest Submission Thread

opieandspuds

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's nice to see a flower in January...it's a long time from spring here. How's the weather where you're at?
Southern California is very wet and in the 50-60F range lately. But it is perfect weather for our desert plants to be blooming. We also seem to be having an early spring because some others are starting to bud. But that may be from all the water. These were all taken Wednesday too....

Last edited:

opieandspuds

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Southern California is very wet and in the 50-60F range lately. But it is perfect weather for our desert plants to be blooming. We also seem to be having an early spring because some others are starting to bud. But that may be from all the water. These were all taken Wednesday too....

Those are beautiful. Are the first 3 succulents? The last one is a rose? I can't wait for spring! I love to see the perennials popping up even with no flowers.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous.  We have lighter pink double camellias like yours and the jade plant, also the ones in your #3 photo.  We're in L.A. Metro but used to live in the Mojave.  Are you in the Mojave?  

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Gorgeous.  We have lighter pink double camellias like yours and the jade plant, also the ones in your #3 photo.  We're in L.A. Metro but used to live in the Mojave.  Are you in the Mojave?  
I am in Riverside. The botanical Garden is in San Marino. If you haven't been it is one of those must see places. The Huntington Library, Bontanical Gardens and Art Museums http://huntington.org

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been to all, and Riverside, too.  It's on the way to where we used to live.  It's also where my folks are at rest, in the National Cemetery there.

opieandspuds

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Those two were inseparable, we all miss our little Cindy Lou.
Hi Misty! I bet you do[emoji]128546[/emoji]I never wanted pets because I knew they would eventually pass away. I would not have kittens now if we hadn't found a starving kitten in our grove and then we adopted another kitten so Spuds would have a friend. They are a lot of fun to have around.

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, my parents don't want a dog now they're retired as the lovely jack russell we had growing up went senile and they didn't have the heart to put her down... She first went selectively deaf!! Then fully deaf, then toilet issues, then blind... But still ate well and wagged her tail bless her. She was 16 I think in the end. 16 amazing years full of joy and love... Pets are so worth it, the good times ALWAYS outweigh the bad xxx