Love for all the wrong reasons

G

ghostuser

I've dated all three of my boyfriends because I was bored and/or wanted the challange. All of them ending has been my fault, except the last relationship.

Dave was a boy I met at summer camp who lived across the state. It was really cool telling people in high school I was having a serious long-distance relationship. I ended up cheating on him with Kev.

Kev was my best friend's boyfriend's best friend. Since it was the four of always hanging out together, it was convience. It was horrible. He actually became jealous of his best friend's 11 year old brother because I was talking to him. And then he'd throw unbelievable hissy fits. I hate to say it but I dumped him, and I told him the brutal truth as to why. My mother said karma would bite me for that one, and it has.

Sam was another boy I met at a summer camp, but I waited until I was in college to actually date him. Turned out that he was in love with another girl the entire time he was with me, and towards the end cheated with her. That's okay, because I was cheating on him as well. We're still friends, strangely enough.

Another round with Kev, because I was feeling self destructive after the Sam thing. He decideced to watch Nascar instead of coming to my Birthday dinner with our friends. I made him so mad that he put dents into his own car. I really don't feel so bad about that one.

Another round with Dave. I really thought it was going to work. I put my all into it and I loved him. He claimed I put my friends before him in my life, and dumped me because of it. Even if that was the truth, I'm glad it happened. I wouldn't have wanted to stay with him if he really didn't understand my commitment to my friends and family. (Though at the time I almost OD'd and slept for four days straight.)

Another round with Sam. Lasted about a month. We had both gotten out of long, serious, relationships, and needed the support. He lives over an hour away, and eventually we realized that we didn't have that much in common anymore to warrent the trip. He's back at college now dating his girlfriend's ex-roomate.

The relationship I feel the worst about was the one with this guy I've known for 12 years. We grew up together as best friends, and eventually lost touch with each other. I'd see him now and then, but nothing major. Well, I he was going through some tough stuff with his family - his grandfather passing away, his dad treating him like crap, his mother choosing her new boyfriend over the family. It started as a pity thing on my end. We had a fling that lasted a few months. And then I realized that he wanted to get serious. I didn't. So.... I haven't talked to him six months. I haven't even said goodbye. We never weren't officially anything, we never even talked about it. I never told anyone about seeing him, and I'm sure he's done the same.

You know, I am the only female in the grocery store where I work who doesn't have a boyfriend or a husband (or both). And I'm actually okay with that.

Sorry for the length, it felt good getting that all out.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wodesorel

.....You know, I am the only female in the grocery store where I work who doesn't have a boyfriend or a husband (or both). And I'm actually okay with that.

Sorry for the length, it felt good getting that all out.

G

ghostuser

Thank you!

The girls at work are always trying to hook me up with someone. I just look at them and say "Why?" I was raised by a single mother, and between that and trial and error I've learned I don't need (nor want) a man in my life. I have enough on plate as it is.

You know, I'm really considering telling people, when they ask, that I have a very large Russian boyfriend with blue hair, who is named Merlin, just to shut them up.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wodesorel

Thank you!

The girls at work are always trying to hook me up with someone. I just look at them and say "Why?" I was raised by a single mother, and between that and trial and error I've learned I don't need (nor want) a man in my life. I have enough on plate as it is.

You're darn right you do: YOU.