love bites?

moonlitekittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello there, I am looking for some advice with this..

One of my cats (spayed female) likes to bite, not really hard but not cool... she bites everyday... when she gets excited she bites, sometimes while playing with her, even she is purring and the bites...  she have bitten a couple of friends, luckily not harm and they were cat lovers so didnt make a scene.... actually I´ve seen her bitting other cats ears.... is like she wants a taste! 

daishain

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Biting is a normal part of play for cats. Many cat owners will teach kittens that such isn't desirable with their human companions, but obviously many fail to do so.

How old is your cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moonlitekittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is 2 yrs old, I got her when she was 6 months....  

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's important to teach her that biting people - however gently - is not acceptable. Play biting between cats is normal and is nothing to worry about, but she has to learn that humans aren't cats!

As excitement is one of her triggers, I'd pay attention to her body language when petting her. At the first sign of overstimulation (usually a tail twitch), stop petting her...and maybe even throw her a toy that she can bite and 'kill' to her heart's content.

[article="22328"][/article][article="32493"][/article][article="29678"][/article]

Daily interactive play will also be really important for her, so she can get out her hunting urges in a safe and appropriate way.
[article="0"][/article][article="0"][/article]