Love Birds!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dana and I are going to pick up pair of bonded love birds in about half an hour! SO EXCITED! Don't worry, they'll be in our room away from the kitties.
I've wanted bird of some kind for awhile now, so this will be perfect! I'll post pics when I can.

badkelpie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, that's good that they'll be away from the kitties, they can be NASTY! Your kitties are safer this way

Congrats! Lovebirds are awesome! Handfed females in breeding though...wow, they can get mean. Mine (who regularly nuzzled and gave kisses) flew out when I opened her door and landed on the back of my neck and bit the crap out of me. I miss her

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a normal green female Fischer's lovebird, and a blue mutation male.
Peanut got out of her cage in the bird room (very smart little birds) got over to the male's cage and killed him.

She was apparently too bonded to me and viewed the other Fischer's as a rival.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I used to have a normal green female Fischer's lovebird, and a blue mutation male.
Peanut got out of her cage in the bird room (very smart little birds) got over to the male's cage and killed him.

She was apparently too bonded to me and viewed the other Fischer's as a rival.
OMG, wow!!!

These guys are Dutch Blue Lovebirds. http://animal-world.com/encyclo/bird...uelovebird.php

I am soooo in love already! They need a lot of socialization though and it's obvious they haven't been handled much. The family who gave them up "didn't have the time for them anymore".

They're upstairs chattering away right now.
Goodness they are loud!

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww, I love birds!

I've had 2 Cockatiels, a Quaker Parrot, Senegal, Alexandrine Parakeet and my African Grey.

I can't wait until I can have them again, my next bird will be a Blue and Gold Macaw.....my kids and birds just didn't mix
Keedis, my quaker actually attacked Dakin and got him pretty bad right beside the eye. My Grey would attack me everytime one of the kids got too close, it just became too much but I love them so much

I can't wait to see pics of your new babies.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How's it going so far? Those birds are so pretty. My local pet store has one in a cage and he sings his heart out all the time, such a lovely sound. But I feel sorry for him being alone.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow,I love Lovebirds they are so beautiful.I have budgies and I know your Lovebirds will bring you much joy and happiness.x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

How's it going so far? Those birds are so pretty. My local pet store has one in a cage and he sings his heart out all the time, such a lovely sound. But I feel sorry for him being alone.
So far so good! They really are beautiful and Dana and I get a kick out of all of their chattering.
No way will they come to us or let us touch them though... Looks like that will take a lot of work, but we're not going to force it.