Loud Cat Calling at Night

garylazereyes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 8 month old male cream lynx point, and as you can guess, he has a very interesting meow. Me and my boyfriend have compared it to a duck. 
   Anyways, he is not fixed yet, although he does have his appointment set. He does tend to meow really loudly as he walks around the house, and I'm not too sure why he's doing it (maybe looking for a mate?) I don't mind it much, as I think his meow is adorable. But when night time comes, he can keep us up. I have slight cat allergies, so I keep my bedroom a kitty-free zone, as was recommended to me. I thought he might just miss us during the night, but I would also like some other opinions. It happens a lot early in the morning too, around the time I get up for work. Maybe he's my alarm clock? 
 Let me know what you think! 

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have a 8 month old male cream lynx point, and as you can guess, he has a very interesting meow. Me and my boyfriend have compared it to a duck. 
   Anyways, he is not fixed yet, although he does have his appointment set. He does tend to meow really loudly as he walks around the house, and I'm not too sure why he's doing it (maybe looking for a mate?) I don't mind it much, as I think his meow is adorable. But when night time comes, he can keep us up. I have slight cat allergies, so I keep my bedroom a kitty-free zone, as was recommended to me. I thought he might just miss us during the night, but I would also like some other opinions. It happens a lot early in the morning too, around the time I get up for work. Maybe he's my alarm clock? 
 Let me know what you think! 
I think he is either looking for a mate, or warning all the other male cats. I suspect when he is fixed this should subside 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

garylazereyes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That is good to hear! Thank you so much. :) 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes get him fixed ASAP!  It does take some time for the hormones to subside; so it might not stop right away. But the sooner it can be done; the less likely it'll become habitual.  

Our bedroom is kitty free as well.  We never had real issues with them bothering us because they were always together as young ones.  Our girls are litter mates.  I think that helped us avoid a lot of the crazy things kittens can bring!  But if it does keep up; it might help to stick to a night time routine with him.  Include a good play session to wear him out; and don't give in or he will think it worked!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

garylazereyes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much, MoochNNoodles! 

I really hope it doesn't become habitual, but I will definitely be trying everything you suggested. :) Him and his sister were very close when we first brought them home but after the introduction process was finished with our other resident kitties, they kind of grew apart! I think he might just be lonely. It also might be because my boyfriend is on midnights currently, so when he leaves, Natsu may miss him!  He is getting switched to days soon, maybe I will notice a change then too. :) 

Thanks again for your help!