Lost - New Drama on TV in UK

cagnes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I loved it in the begining, but then they lost me when they went drifted into the twlight zone! They could have done without the monsters in the jungle & all that weird stuff. I gave up on it & stopped watching.

The characters & their backgrounds were great & I think that the series could have stood alone just with that. I thought that it was going to be a real survival story, like "Castaway" & not a sci-fi story line... IMHO, very disappointing!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gilly

Whah??
You are the first person I have heard say that!
Well i started watching but then i needed to jump in the bath before big bro started so i missed the rest, then i missed the repeat on E4 so i guess you can say i'm "Lost" with it!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG - you and my hubby
Go email huggles ....she likes this show
I don't care for it, but forced to watch it because hubby has control of the TV

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lost is the best television to come along in a LONG time. For those of you watching it for the first time- pay close attention to EVERYTHING. Subtle signs about things to come are hidden in every episode.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE this show! We can't wait for the new season to start. We'll probably buy the first season on DVD when it comes out next month.

sooz123

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cagnes

The characters & their backgrounds were great & I think that the series could have stood alone just with that. I thought that it was going to be a real survival story, like "Castaway" & not a sci-fi story line... IMHO, very disappointing!
I agree, although I still enjoyed the show and can't wait for it to return. I would've rather just seen the dramas unfold between strangers stranded together on an island than all the weird stuff coming into play. However, there was just enough of the "drama between strangers" left to make me want to watch it, and ignore the weird stuff. I thought it still made good TV.

We want to live vicariously through tv and movies, in that at least I, and probably lots of others, would like to know what we'd do if stranded like that without having to go through it, or at least for ideas on what we'd do if we were... I don't think I'll be bothered by any weird monsters any time soon so that I couldn't care less about. Maybe the producers will pick up on that and gear it back towards the personal side of things.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooo! I watched LOST from the beginning! It is quite an addicting show! Your question, is it as good at the end as it is at the beginning... most definitely just as good, but most definitely a lot weirder! And really confusing! Pay attention VERY closely! Otherwise, you'll be left looking like this....

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lost is awesome!!! It's my favorite show!! I can't wait til the new season begins!! Enjoy this season Gilly! It's so well written! And yes, pay close attention to every detail, like everyone has said. (and there are a few hotties on the island) I wouldn't mind be stranded on an island with Boone, Sawyer, Sayid, and Jack!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Well i started watching but then i needed to jump in the bath before big bro started so i missed the rest, then i missed the repeat on E4 so i guess you can say i'm "Lost" with it!
Oh dear! Well I am taping it all - for my dad and my neighbour!

Btw, just watched the 3rd episode.... I am still gripped and as said above, I do like the way they dart back to what the ppl were doing with their lives before the crash....

I want to know what Kate was meant to have done though
But I guess I will have to wait and see!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

(and there are a few hotties on the island) I wouldn't mind be stranded on an island with Boone, Sawyer, Sayid, and Jack!!!
Jack is just
and I must say, I am starting to develop a "thing" for Sayid and I am only on the 3rd ep!

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loving it here too! Have really been looking forward to it after all the hype about how well it went down in the US, and not even a smidgen disappointed so far!

Thought about dinosaurs, but then that would make it a bit too Jurassic Park, and I think (hope) this is going to be more original than that.

I think it has a lot to do with the older mans speech about the rules of backgammon - two sides, one light and one dark. Like how the monsters only seem to be around when it's overcast and raining, then disappear when the sun comes out again.

Glad to know there's a second season too

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really wasn't into it at all, but my mom apparently loved it. If I were on the phone with her and that show was coming on it was immediately time to hang up. She would get SO upset if she ever missed it! I just didn't get the big deal myself.