Lost my precious Pepper

Terri Moore

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tonight I sit here crying non-stop. My sweet cat could not handle the IBD any more. We tried everything, so many cat foods, so many treats, baby food. She got skinnier and skinnier, got so weak she couldn't walk. Does IBD cause malabsorption? Out vet felt her belly and said her intestines were definitely thick - said she thought it was intestinal cancer, and it's rare! But my baby had to have it! Pepper had bad days, then she would perk up the next day, eating on her own. I knew better than to be happy though. She'd belch hard, so we gave her 5 mg of Pepcid. She threw up 4 times that night. Seemed the food and water never left her stomach. I'm exhausted - held my girl as she went to sleep.

Niclovesblueforever

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry and have been doing the same. Had to put my cat of 16 years down yesterday, from Hyperthyroidism / Kidney

Bebe, my other cat, died on Good Friday of this yeat from IBD. It does cause malabsorption. No matter how much you feed them, they just don't absorb the nutrients and they defécate a lot. Was yours on a steroid shot once a month, or anything else? Mine was on a shot and it helped a little for 8 months, but by the tome she died she was close to 3 pounds. It was horrible. Basically, it is like IBS in some but like Crohn's in others.

I also had a cat, Buddha who got IBD at 5 and passed from it at 10.
It seems like my female cats get IBD and my male cats..thyroid and kidney,

Hope you feel better. Take care!

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry you had to make that decision. I know how hard that is. Yes, IBD can cause malabsorption.