Lost my cat--please advise - she's back!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A RELIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what a wonderful way to start the day! I am SO HAPPY for you and Gemma!

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is wonderful news. Thank God you were persistent and that those neighborhood kids helped in a big way

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you for all of the good wishes!

Gemma has been out and around us this evening, meowing (she hardly ever meowed before the "incident" last week). I woke up last night, as I heard her going around the house, meowing pitifully, almost like she was calling the other cats to come to her. I saw one cat (I think it was her buddy, Leo) hissing at her. Tonight, everyone's hissed at poor little Gemma, except her mother, Rosie. Gemma's a bit thinner, and holding up her front paw a bit (but doesn't seem to be in pain, and has jumped into the garage rafters several times). She's hungry and very tired--in fact, she's sleeping in the kitty tent near me (and Loki just came in, and hissed at her). When they hiss at Gemma, she doesn't fight back. I wouldn't expect her to, as she's always been very even-tempered and loving with us and the other cats. The other cats have always treated her lovingly, as well, so this hissing thing has me concerned. Is it because they think she's a newcomer, or because she may smell like the outdoors? Do you think it's only temporary? I feel so sorry for the poor little thing! Otherwise, everything seems ok with her.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MargeCat

Thank you for all of the good wishes!

Gemma has been out and around us this evening, meowing (she hardly ever meowed before the "incident" last week). I woke up last night, as I heard her going around the house, meowing pitifully, almost like she was calling the other cats to come to her. I saw one cat (I think it was her buddy, Leo) hissing at her. Tonight, everyone's hissed at poor little Gemma, except her mother, Rosie. Gemma's a bit thinner, and holding up her front paw a bit (but doesn't seem to be in pain, and has jumped into the garage rafters several times). She's hungry and very tired--in fact, she's sleeping in the kitty tent near me (and Loki just came in, and hissed at her). When they hiss at Gemma, she doesn't fight back. I wouldn't expect her to, as she's always been very even-tempered and loving with us and the other cats. The other cats have always treated her lovingly, as well, so this hissing thing has me concerned. Is it because they think she's a newcomer, or because she may smell like the outdoors? Do you think it's only temporary? I feel so sorry for the poor little thing! Otherwise, everything seems ok with her.
It's because she smells different to them that's why they are hissing at her. Take her to the vets and have her looked at, just to be sure everything is ok, and then some vanilla placed on the base of ALL of their tails and under their chins should have harmony setting in once again because they all smell similar..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you, everyone! I'm so happy to have my baby girl back home. She's doing well, and wants lost of love. The other cats are still hissing a bit, but last night, I saw Leo (her buddy) cleaning her, though he did hiss at her this morning. She seems unruffled about the hissing, so I think the others will see her as no threat, and perhaps get back to normal. She's so gentle, and doesn't fight back. Maybe when she washes herself enough, the outdoor scent will go away, too, and they will like her.

I kept this thread going so that others here could see what we did to get Gemma back, and that, with enough persistence, your cats will be found, too. I hope you can apply what I did to your searches. My heart aches for those who've lost their cats.