Lost kitten's favourite toy. Kitten won't use any other toy. What do i do now? He has started biting

bluecapps

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried looking every where around the house but i couldn't find my kitten's favourite stuffed toy (a teddy bear). I bought him a kong kickeroo (rectangular cushion type thing with a crunchy tail) and another teddy bear but he won't touch them. He tries to bite my legs/hands instead. what do i do? 

(He had that toy since he was 9 weeks old and he is now almost 6 months old)

Last edited:

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would try buying some catnip toys to encourage play. I think if I ever removed everything from my house I would find over 50 lost cat toys laying around. 

athegaylouise

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is there a way to find a toy that is very similar in like material and shape?

My 4 month old Dallas has a favorite toy that used to belong to my 2 year old cat Blair and now is very ratty and on it's last leg. He literally loves that toy, so I've tried to buy a similar toy while he still has it.

As for the biting, you might try bitter apple on your hands to prevent that.

Also put catnip on any new toys you get him!

For some reason cats can get attached to certain toys, who knows why! I'm afraid what's going to happen when Dallas has to say goodbye to his favorite pink mouse. 

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Some cats, they have one favorite toy like your baby and like Macha, Macha loves hair ties only and sometimes can't find them and starts talking and asking me to find them lol I distracted her by playing hide and seek or playing with other toys that no interest with like her mouse toy. She'll attacked and pitched it almost touching my ceiling lol and I praised her telling her what a good pitcher and she gets very excited and forget her favorite toy.