Lost cat

loveallmycats78

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, i was told to post my question here hoping someone might know the answer so here goes. I have a 7month old cat of course i have had her from the time she was born and she has always gone outdoors and came back in at nite time. I moved to a new city took her with me to the new house 4days ago and she got outside that same nite. I havent seen her in the 4days now. I have left food out and fresh water and a blanket on the front porch for her shes not in heat, I think she was scared but yet  she hasnt came back ive looked in bushes under cars anywhere i think she might  hide. No luck, i guess my biggest question is does anyone think that she will make it on her own if i never see her again it worries me so. Its been rainy and cold here in the south and i just hate to think of her out there in the cold but ive done everything i can think of. The pound truck came around i stoped and flaged them down and she said she hasnt seen the cat but that cats can take care of them selfs if needed to. I just dont want her to be cold and hungery but i know ive done all i can do for now. Heres hoping my kitty will be strong and make it on her own.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So sorry to hear about your kitty.  She may be trying to find her way back "home (your old house).  Cats are very territorial and she hadn't recognized the new house as her new territory yet.  If its close enough, you can either go back there or have someone there check to see if they see her.

Just in case she is still in your area, you can try to go out at dusk and call her name softly.  She may respond.  You can also put one of your old shirts (or her blanket/bed)  in a protected area.

I would also post flyers at the new house and the old house, talk to all the neighbors and ask any vets if they'll keep an eye out too.  If you have Facebook, you can let everyone now that way, too.  Craigslist has listings for Lost and Found as well.  And there is a Missng Pets Network (www.missingpet.net) you can search by state.

I hope she was spayed - otherwise on top of all the new sights, sounds and things she is confronting, she's probably going to get pregnant.  When she returns, if she isn't spayed, get that done when you take her to the vet to check her health.

I have to object to what the person in the pound truck said.  Yes, cats do take care of themselves but they often get killed, too.

I hope your kitty returns.  It is really upsetting when they go missing.

nocturnal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with posting flyers. I always check the missing pets flyers if I come across one and using the internet is a great tool as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loveallmycats78

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thankyou so much for the input i will be checking back at the old house althou its about 45mins away i dont think she will show up i hope to find her if not i hope she finds shelther and food at least i will also be posting it to my facebook as well and checking in at my shelter., once again i thankyou for giving me the advice.