Lost cat.. looking for support

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did he make it home with a broken leg???? He must have really wanted to come home sooner but couldn't. Hope his leg heals well. Glad he is back!!

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad your cat came home safe. You might want to look into getting him insured (petplan is quite good here in the UK). I bought my kitten Dani ill from a breeder (although I did not realise that at the time) she was admitted to the vet two hours later and the bills came up to £750 in the end. I so wished I had insurance then maybe she could have been given tests to see what was wrong with her. Instead she died (eight days later) and we will probably never know why or if it was preventable.

Please consider it should the worst happen you won't "what if?" as much. I think I will always feel guilty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxyfantastica

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sims2fan

I'm so glad your cat came home safe. You might want to look into getting him insured (petplan is quite good here in the UK). I bought my kitten Dani ill from a breeder (although I did not realise that at the time) she was admitted to the vet two hours later and the bills came up to £750 in the end. I so wished I had insurance then maybe she could have been given tests to see what was wrong with her. Instead she died (eight days later) and we will probably never know why or if it was preventable.

Please consider it should the worst happen you won't "what if?" as much. I think I will always feel guilty
Please don't feel guilty.
. the person who should feel that is the breeder for selling you a kitty that wasn't healthy. You did everything that you could at the time. I doubt that anyone could have expected you to do anything else. Maybe it was just her time.

I do have Petplan, the problem is that he hasn't had one of his jabs which I had meant to do but never got round to it. Anyway, i'll send the claim form in and see what they say, if its okay it would certainly alleviate some of the burden!!

Please don't feel guilty about your little kittyxx i think you were wonderful to do as much as you did

foxyfantastica

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Theo's had his op, looks like he has damaged the muscle in his leg as well but the Vet thinks that he has fixed him which is great news. Going to see him tonight! The only thing is that the vet wants me to put him in a cage but i don't have anything like that... do you think that he would be okay with me there all the time if i just confine him to one room? I think that way i would be able to control his movements?

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think you need to try to get a cage like the vet said. I am sure the dr. wants to limit him so he can't try to jump, etc. You can't watch a cat every minute. If nothing else get just a pet carrier from a local discount store. Or borrow one. Then you could just let him out for a while to have access to the litter box. You do need to control his movements. Pet stores sell wire cages and it would only take a small one for one cat. You certainly don't want him to injure the leg after the price and trouble you have paid to fix it.

foxyfantastica

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have got this pop up tent thing for him - its about 2 times his size, would this be okay?