Lost and found Cat and new KItty

aljako

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all! I am new to this but am so relieved to have found your website.  We are having a somewhat hard situation at the moment. We lost our 4.5 year old female cat Rockalina for about 3 months. We had accepted that we would not be getting her back, so we decided to get a new Kitten to replace her.  We received new Kitty on the Sunday, but happily for us we received the call from our neighbor saying he saw a lost sign poster at the local vets for a lost cat (same vet where I had left our details). Anyway we went and picked her up on the Monday.  We were happy and excited as we had our family back.  Unfortunately we are finding that a) she is scared and very jumpy, and b0 keeps hissing at us at times and at the new kitty. I expected the hissing at the new kitty, but it looks like our cat has just changed physically and emotionally.  Will we get our old cat back somehow.  I know that there will be some repercussions from what she has gone through, but the kids are now a bit scared of her as well, from all the hissing. Thanks for whatever advise you can offer us all.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
[COLOR=#"Blue"]Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina :silver: & Milky :whitecat: te saludan!!!........:wavey:[/COLOR]
(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina & Milky say hello to you!!!...;))

Please feel as you home here, we can learn so much and deep about out kittys in this marvelous site, I just only please ask you read the rules and other stuffs that can help you to feel as you Real home!..:) here you have the link my friend.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82565

Please ask whatever you need to know, there are plenty of good members and of course our tireless Mod´s to help us here!....:hyper:

See you on the forums!, Glad you join us!:hyper:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi and welcome to The Cat Site! :wavey:

I'm going to move this to our Behavior forum. :).

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, I am so happy you got your cat back!! Welcome to the forums!

I am sure she is very scared, after all, she's gone missing for 3 months and who knows where or what happened! Coming home to see a new cat is also a shock too (no fault of your own, you were ready to move on!)

My suggestion is to keep things quiet around the house.. let her get used to being around again. Make sure she can't get out again! I'd suggest leaving her in a room by herself for a while, and do slow introductions as if she's the new cat. There's a sticky somewhere on introducing cats if you need help :)

Also, try some Feliway Diffuser.. it's supposed to help calm nervous and stressed cats. It will calm her down a bit too!

Do please keep us posted!