Lost A Very Timid Cat.. Need Help

shilpa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I raised a 3 days old abandoned kitten. He is about 2 years old now. Last night my friends left a door open and he got out. I found him but he was followed by a dog then and i feel he got scared. so when i grabbed him, he bit me badly and ran away. what do i do now ? i have raised several stray injured cats, but this was my only indoor cat and permanent pet. I feel i will never see him again and i am so scared. I have looked around but didnt find him anywhere. No neighbours have seen him either. I feel so helpless.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

shilpa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks. The bite would got infected so I have visited a doctor. I have ever since been trying ti look for the cat but there is no sign of him. I just hope that I find him asap.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could you get access to a trap. I had a shy indoor cat get out years ago. We found her but she was scared and ran away into a wetland right near my home. I was able to rent a trap from my local animal control. It took us two weeks to trap her but we did get her back. She never tried to go outside again. I posted flyers all over my sub-division, at the clubhouse of the golf course adjacent to my property. Customers from my work took flyers and posted them at apartment complexes that bordered the wetland. I also called every vet in town. This was before microchips were done so she was not chipped. I hope you get your baby soon. We had a retired couple that had a deck over looking the wetland they kept an eye on the trap when were at work. They were the ones to come get us when they noticed some thing in the trap late at night. She waited till we were asleep to get in the trap. He rang our door bell until we woke up. We bought them a gift card for their help.

shilpa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the response. The moral support helps a lot. I will try and check if I can get a trap somewhere. I keep thinking about him. he must be very scared, hungry and thirsty. I just hope he didnt go too far away. There are hundreds of stray dogs here in my area. I hope I find him soon.

5starcathotel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, I really hope this works out. I would put out food and water, every night....sure you might just end up feeding the neighborhood strays, but hopefully your boy comes back too!

If he does come back....don't try to approach him! Just talk to him for a while....with the door open. Eventually he *should* remember your voice and come to investigate.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At two years old he shouldn't go far, unless a dog chases him. Check all open buildings and ask the neighbors to watch out for him, give them your phone number. Make sure you check with your local shelter often in case someone traps him and turns him in. Go out when it is quiet, later in the evening or very early in the morning, he will be less scared. I would definitely have those friends help you look, there is no excuse for a door left open in someone else's house.

shilpa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We found him. I spread his used litter around the house. Also left a trail of the food he likes. I think he followed it and came back at around 10 in the morning. He was very clean which means he was hiding in someone's house. Thank you all for your support.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We found him. I spread his used litter around the house. Also left a trail of the food he likes. I think he followed it and came back at around 10 in the morning. He was very clean which means he was hiding in someone's house. Thank you all for your support.
shilpa shilpa - Bravo, and congratulations on his safe return; how wonderful for both of you!