Lost a kitty?

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many of you out there have lost a cat, and had it return to you? About a year ago Wessie just didn't come inside one morning, we looked everywhere, but couldn't find him. Five days later, he was hear meowing on the porch, and we let him in as usual. I hate how we will never know where he was!
He came inside and ate a whole lot, but really nothing was changed.
So please tell me about your lost cat experiences!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was about 13 years old, we had an indoor cat get outside. We searched for her for days and couldn't find her. She was gone for 3 months when one day I was walking to the bus stop and here she came trotting down the street towards me! I was SO surprised and happy to see her. I brought her home but we soon found out she was peeing blood and after a trip to the vet were told she had different health problems, so Mom made the decision to have her PTS.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Rainbow kitty Misty got out thru the bedroom window one early evening. She either jumped thru a broken screen or fell out. I saw her a few times sitting across the street from my mobile home but when I ran after her she took off.

Finally after a full two days I coaxed her to come to me while I was sitting on the front porch, she finally crossed the street and I just sat there waiting. When she was close enough I grabbed her and in the house we went.

I had been out all hours of the night with wet food looking and calling for her but I never found out where she spent those nights. Thank God she never got lost and found her way home, I live on a main highway and I'm so happy that she never actually left the mobile home park or it could have been tragic. I was also glad her collar was on so people knew she was not a stray.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fred was gone for 2 weeks once. We had moved to a place that he obviously did not like, and he started spending a lot of time outside in the woods. One day he did not come home. We had a family emergency and had to move back to where we were, and I was afraid that he would not return before we had to go. 2 days before we left, he just came wandering back up like had never been gone. We had him for 14 years after that and he never did it again.

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kitty I had in college Aroura (she now lives with my cousins) was at a sitters and got out, I searche for days hung fliers everywhere but I never found her
About 3 or 4 months later she turned up at the house I grew up in (she had never been there) with a ready to wean litter of kittens! (she ran away just prior to her scheduled spay)
I still cant believe it!