Lost 4 week old kitten

Pixiestix

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

About a week ago I found 5 little kittens, all female and all 4 weeks old living under a shed on the edge of our property.
About 4 days ago, I discovered why they’re all so hungry. Their mommy was hit by a car and sadly didn’t survive.
The mom was feral, so these babies hadn’t been inside a house and were terrified and hungry.
I fed them and they basically acted like I was their new mom.
About 2 days ago they were taken to the humane society. Except for one. It was a thunderstorm all day and the runt of the group had gone missing.

I’ve been searching for her for 2 days but there’s no sign of where she went.
If she is alive and well, how would you find a small kitten? Could she survive for 2 days on her own?

Please help me, I’m honestly terrified.
The picture attached is of her. 9F4F9B48-3C42-4FB5-8F29-163027271F71.jpeg

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Typically, a kitten will be mewing. Was she still outside? Could predators such as skunks, raccoons & snakes access her area? If she was terrified, she might have hunkered down and is staying quiet - try mrreowling like a mama kitty or play a video of a mother cat calling kittens. Please keep us updated! Sending prayers & vibes for her safe rescue ~~~ I have had kittens younger than that survive 4-5 days without any care. Don't give up yet!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pixiestix

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Typically, a kitten will be mewing. Was she still outside? Could predators such as skunks, raccoons & snakes access her area? If she was terrified, she might have hunkered down and is staying quiet - try mrreowling like a mama kitty or play a video of a mother cat calling kittens. Please keep us updated! Sending prayers & vibes for her safe rescue ~~~ I have had kittens younger than that survive 4-5 days without any care. Don't give up yet!!
Thank you for replying,
Yes all 5 were still outside, and now her siblings are at a shelter. I haven’t heard any mewing or seen her at all.
I haven’t played a video of a mommy cat meowing but I might as well try it. I’ve tried meowing like her siblings do to attract her attention though. Typically that worked but she probably can’t hear me.

No there aren’t big enough snakes to hurt her. Raccoons and Skunks typically don’t come into town. It is a very small town with a lot of dogs though.

I haven’t given up on her and don’t plan to until I (hopefully) find her. I’ll post any updates I have if there are any.

Thank you again! <3 <3 <3