Loss of apetite - HCM

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, after a trip to the vet again because i really can t stay still and have no sleep at all, and taking back every step of her change of behavior, she recommend us buy Feliway for her anxiety and stress. She told us that the food problem is 99% from her being so stressed and she only eat out of my hand because she s confident in me maybe or i don t know. Another problem could be her struvites but tomorrow we will see if any stone is there because i stayed 7 hours today trying to make her pee in the litterbox to draw some sample, and finally she did . Also, she told me that struvite stones are 100% influenced by the stress factor and she could have more than first exam .
Any review for Feliway? it's helpful ? Does it improve her quality of life with minimum 10%?
My baby girl looks like she s hungry, she just go and stares at the food bowl and then she goes away . Should i change the place ? Should i buy new bowls ? We use ceramic bowls so smell of the plastic is excluded.
My only option for the moment is to wait for tomorrow results and give her the antibiotics and what she will give us for the stones, if still there so we can remove one suspicion.
Every examination that we should make next is to do some x-rays, eco and i don t know what but i won t stress her more until next friday when we ll go on cardio. Until then i m like a zombie trying to survive lol.
I m so sad for our vet because she s such a nice lady and she s doing everything in her powers to calm me down but i m not a very receptive person until i don t know the exact cause so we can start a treatment plan as soon as possible. Hope you guys are better than me haha

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does she look like she s a cat in pain ? She is my partner in work and coffe 🦍🦍
5401CA84-56D8-42EC-B3CA-797327CF7381.jpeg

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try this, yes.

In case you haven't had a chance to take a look through this (I apologize if you have already)
Any Good Tips To Get Your Cats To Eat? Share Them Here!

I know some members have had good results with Feliway, or Comfort Zone.
I guess tomorrow i will try the feliway and change her spot . Somehow now it is in the entrance of a room and i think she might be frightened but everything in the house now is made for her to be confortable and safe : no plants, only cat friendly cleaners, steam cleaner, etc etc so the smells or something else is excluded .
she never liked human food, at all, so i think i will wait a little until i try to give her what is recommended in that thread . She only come, smell and watch us cook. No interest in nothing that s good for us .
i hope it s just a period

anyway, thanks for your support guys . Even my wife thinks i’m crazy but i m not 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Feliway can be unpredictable. Some people swear by it and others say that their cat has no response to it. The “optimum” formulation is the only one that I believed worked for me. If you try it and don’t feel it did anything, don’t read too much into it.

Last edited:

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Finally, one good news . She is struvite free for the moment, the uranalisys is good, every parameter is good. She started to bite my wife legs again so it s a good sign :yess::yess::yess: .

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, ae just arrived home and i can t be more happy . She does not have HCM . Her heart parameters are very good she,her size is very good but, because always is a but she was born with a heart annomally - false tendon . She will be fine because this will do no harm to her blood pressure, heart functions and everything . We need to go to another consult in 1-2 years to see if everything is good and no changes
This looks to me that the first cardiologist that put the HCM disease witouth further consultations or investigations need to be dismissed as a vet .
Best day of our lives 🥰🥰🥰

thank you all for your support !
mia’s kissing all of you 🤪