Losing kitty to FIP

turkishvanmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am sorry! I just lost my beloved 9 months old to FIP last night. My heart is broken into pieces. I have read that its caused by frequent vaccinations/neutering and other stressors. I was so stupid to vaccinate my baby "on schedule" per vet and then neutering too early, also per vets advise. May i ask if your kitty had early/ frequent vaccinations/neutering? Im blaming myself in his death bc i listened to vets. Now i read all these things are harmful to immature immune system of a kitten.
Having my kitten spayed trigger a rapid onset of her FIP. However, do know that not getting her shots or spay or what not would not have kept her from enduring the same fate. A cat that presents with FIP has already carried the corona virus inside them most likely since they were a wee kitten, plus, they were also genetically predisposed to developing FIP from the corona virus. Whether a traumatic event triggered it or not, it was going to develop before the age of 2 and take their life, at this point it's a matter of "when".

I don't mean to sound grim by explaining this, just know there was nothing you could do to a cat with FIP to change their fate so please do not blame yourself. I lost mine at 7 months but if it wasn't triggered then the body eventually would develop it a little over a year old or even 2 yrs and I think I would have had a much harder time with her loss than I did, which is pretty hard to imagine as it was very traumatic.

It's an unlucky lottery our kitties won, just please do not blame yourself.

stellaarmani

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Reading all of these posts absolutely breaks my heart. I currently have two kittens at home with FIP, one wet and one dry. It's a struggle to get out of bed some days knowing my babies are suffering. But we have to be strong for them. I believe that animals are able to detect when their owner is upset and in turn they get upset too which isn't good for a sick baby. Try to enjoy the time you have left and if your pet has already passed, know that there is some place better. There is always some place better. Sending love to all of you [emoji]10084[/emoji]️️

storemis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lost my 5 month kitten to FIP yesterday. Know what you are going through! I pray for a cure!