Loose stools?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

horselo285

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Soo....stool sample came back negative! The vet says that there is still a chance that there could be parasites and that they just didn't shed into that specific poop but says it looks good. Suggested putting him on a less rich diet for now and said that grain free is not necessary-specifically said to try purina kitten chow. I don't think I personally agree. I mean maybe this food Is too rich but that doesn't mean badic purina is good? Thoughts?

All that said- stools seen to be getting better!! I had to lock the cats up for a couple of hours cause I groom dogs out of my house and had a client this am. No loose stools at all in their box- so unless they are popping outside the box (yikes!!) i figure that's a good thing!

Even better, after I let them out, I saw Severus use the box, went to scoop it and saw a partially formed and pretty formed poop!!!!!! Yay! Hoping this continues!

xenabean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Soo....stool sample came back negative! The vet says that there is still a chance that there could be parasites and that they just didn't shed into that specific poop but says it looks good. Suggested putting him on a less rich diet for now and said that grain free is not necessary-specifically said to try purina kitten chow. I don't think I personally agree. I mean maybe this food Is too rich but that doesn't mean badic purina is good? Thoughts?

All that said- stools seen to be getting better!! I had to lock the cats up for a couple of hours cause I groom dogs out of my house and had a client this am. No loose stools at all in their box- so unless they are popping outside the box (yikes!!) i figure that's a good thing!

Even better, after I let them out, I saw Severus use the box, went to scoop it and saw a partially formed and pretty formed poop!!!!!! Yay! Hoping this continues!
YAY! If the vet said the poop is fine, it probably is. The stool sample I gave my vet for my kitty was fine too. Still couldn't figure out why he had diarrhea. I took it upon myself to switch to that food after I had researched it. My vet had suggested a probiotic but I figured I would just find a food with a probiotic already in it so I wouldnt have to buy two separate things. The food I get him is pricey but the reviews on it are all amazing and I can vouch for them. If you go on the website and sign up you can get a coupon for it too.

http://www.naturesvariety.com/instinct

Also, they sell small bags of the food at the pet store to try out. I noticed a difference within a day of giving him that food.

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This sounds just like my kitten's issue. You may want to try switching to adult cat food. If you buy a premium brand from a store and still have the receipt you may be able to exchange it. I think it is worth a shot when everything else was ruled out. Ask your vet...

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great news!

Yay for formed poop :clap: