looking for wet food recommendations

mema62

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
how much are indoor cats eating of wet food. after jack got sick with stomach he hardly ate. took off purina as vet suspected the purina culprit made in china now. no inspections or rules. he does eat and seems to like simply nourish from petsmart. but im lucky if he only eats a can and half a day maybe 4 oz wet. he just nibbles occasionally dry not alot

Last edited:

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
how much are indoor cats eating of wet food. after jack got sick with stomach he hardly ate. took off purina as vet suspected the purina culprit made in china now. no inspections or rules. he does eat and seems to like simply nourish from petsmart. but im lucky if he only eats a can and half a day maybe 4 oz wet. he just nibbles occasionally dry not alot
indoor male cats eat 6 to 9 0z of wet

emilesc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My younger cat is exclusively on wet food now. I'm almost at the end of the Wellness Core bag of food that my older cat of 12 years old has been eating, and I was looking forward to transitioning her.

I found she'll eat wet food, but she's always had a very sensitive stomach. I think she can only take small bitefuls of it. If I try to feed her more than 1/4 of a 3 oz. can, she vomits. That's been the case with both Cats in the Kitchen and Fancy Feast.

So it looks like I'll have to keep her on the dry food while I experiment with small amounts of wet food to see what she can keep down.

Emile

Last edited:

catmomjulia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I suggest trying Iams! I have had a great experience with it, it is better then those cheaper alternatives, but doesn't break the bank either. It can be anywhere between .50 and $1 per 3 oz can (my 10lb cat eats two 3 oz cans daily and it is a perfect amount)