Looking for Ohio (Tusc County) rescuers and fosters

fenrisulfr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I used to foster/rescue 10ish years ago, and let me resources go to lax. Just this week, someone dumped kittens near where I work, and I realised that I had no one anymore to help. I have been on a few FB groups but I have had no luck with anyone close. So if anyone is in the Tuscarawas County I would like to meet you!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm on the opposite end of the state, but if I fall into any contacts I will certainly let you know. I hope you can find someone to help!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Feral Friends Network® Connect
You might try completing this form. I am not guaranteeing that you will receive a reply as it seems to vary greatly from person to person, but it might help. Don't initially ask them to take the kittens, but rather ask for advice or contact information.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fenrisulfr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Feral Friends Network® Connect
You might try completing this form. I am not guaranteeing that you will receive a reply as it seems to vary greatly from person to person, but it might help. Don't initially ask them to take the kittens, but rather ask for advice or contact information.
Thank you. I wasn't going to ask them to take the kittens - I haven't even caught them yet 😂

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know it doesn’t help to say this, but every shelter I know is begging for fosters - to the point some have had to close for a bit till they could find fosters! First thing I was going to suggest was what I saw fionasmom fionasmom suggested: Feral Friends Network Connect. It’s thru Alleycat Allies (the link she put up is for their program) & you can look at their main page - alleycat.org — it gives other suggestions. I reached out to them a few years ago and had zero expectations, but I did get help. It’s far from a sure thing, but it’s worth trying. I know you said you also had called all your contacts (been there!), but if you haven’t called all the shelters & any spay/neuter clinics — you never know when a spot/foster will come up!

Have to ask — wondering if the foster angle is what you meant, or are you looking to us to help you care for them while you work to find them homes/get them in a shelter? There are loads & loads of us here who would be happy to help you thru those kitten stages you might have forgotten!!! There are also articles on this site that can be very helpful, and that Alleycat Allies site has a great number of pages with kitten info, as does the Kitten Lady site (I’m having link creation trouble, but her site is loaded with kitten-raising info — it’s kittenlady.org ).

And a BIG yeah for you for being willing to take these guys in & care for them! :cheerleader: We all know most people would have just looked the other way.

So keep us posted & if answers are what you need, ask away!!!