Looking For Food Suggestions

esanders323

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm looking for some canned wet food suggestions for my cat, and was hoping someone here could help! My cat was on Weruva Chicken for a while, but had problems with bowel movements (I also tried with probiotics and canned pumpkin). She would only have a bowel movement about once every 5 days (though her vet didn't think that it was a huge issue with good food) and they would be a light color, smell really strong and bad, and was very loose. Her vet has tried switching her food to some Hills Science Diet, but it never turns out well and always makes things worse.

Recently, I switched my cat to Wellness Canned Turkey (She had been on Wellness Turkey and Chicken before) with a lot of Wellness Dry Turkey, and the problems with her bowel movements immediately cleared up. However, she doesn't really like it at all. She absolutely loves dry food though and has never been a big fan of wet food. She pretty much avoids the wet food and only goes for the dry that's mixed in. Once most of the dry food is gone, she meows and scratches at the bowl for more.

I'm not sure if she is allergic to Chicken or not, but the Wellness Turkey seems to work fine, other than the fact that she doesn't like it that much.

Here is a list of foods I have tried
  • Wellness Turkey and Chicken (Pate and Minced) - Doesn't like
  • Halo Turkey (Pate) - Doesn't like
  • Blue Buffalo Chicken (Pate) - Doesn't like
  • Weruva Chicken (Shredded) - loved it, but caused bowel problems

I'm not sure if it is the food or the texture that she dislikes. She doesn't seem to like pate at all, but loved the Weruva shredded. Unfortunately, Weruva doesn't have any Turkey only food. I've looked into Soulistic Turkey, but it comes with Tuna.

Any suggestions on food I could try would be greatly appreciated. I've certainly been thinking about switching to dry food only because she loves dry food and it seems to have helped. However, I can't get her to drink much water. I've been thinking of trying the Soulistic Turkey, but the face that Tuna is a large ingredient in it is making me second guess.

Thanks!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Basically I'm just bumping this up for you. Sounds like you are really asking if anyone knows of a shredded turkey food out there that doesn't contain any fish. I'm not familiar with one off hand, but my guys don't like turkey, so that's not surprising.

Did you try the Wellness Signature Selects SHREDDED chicken and turkey? You mentioned the pate and minced, but not the shredded.

Merrick makes a shredded DUCK wet food. They also make Turkey CUTS in a packet

destinyz12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiki cat, you could also try a different Weruva food. They have the cats in the kitchen and truelux line. I really like Feline Naturals for canned food. It's a pate, but a very soft juicy pate.