Looking For Advise.

Ninamarie55

My LILI Love
Kitten
Purraise
My little LILI baby is pregnant and I know I should have gotten her fixed no excuse why but she will be after this litter a little history. I the middle of no pla

Where 25 miles from the nearest town. My daughter picked her up in that town because she knows I love cats. She is allergic and still got her for me. She was about 4 weeks when I got her. Took her got her shots and she's my baby! Where we live I have never ever seen a cat anywhere in 5 years I have lived with my daughter. It's on a reservation (My grantwins are half native and Caucasian). It's very rural they have " Res Dogs" they roam all over. Never seen a cat. So LILI went into her first heat then second. I had found a clinic that does spays so the following 2 weeks we were going. Well she started getting fat and fatter. I still think she's pregnant from a dog, cause no Cats are any Where I mean I have never seen one. Here we are today. I feel like I have been waiting forever for her to give birth. TODAY she is pacing, meowing, restless, took her temp under arm pit (never knew you could) yesterday it was 100.9, now it's 97.6. Baby's moving she's has been eating today but not tonight. Is it time? She can't seem to get comfortable! She follows me everywhere but doesn't really wanna cuddle, I put her a nice nesting spot which she goes in and comes out and keeps looking for another one I think. Just looking for support and advise. Thank you.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Has she dropped? Ie seems less voluminous than before? If not, it MAY be the Braxton-Hicks convulsions, the same as women may have several days before delivery.

But othewise my guess is she is in prelabor. This phase may be quite long, even 24 hours. Even if its often shorter.

Its the active pushing full labor phase which is normally always shorter than with women.

Also, its common they dont deliver in their nest. In nature they dont want their nest to become smelly or flea infested too early, so its quite typical, they deliver someplace, and first after it go into their chosen nest.

But her checking out where this nest is, is typical.

So, apparently nearing, maybe even just a few hours away. But the exact hour we dont know. Good you are watchful, but As for the moment, everything sounds fully normally and OK. Ninamarie55 Ninamarie55

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ps. The toms do have quite a long radius to seek after fertile females. Especielly as there arent that many, so they do watch out for these few whom actually are in trawelling distance. Can easily be 10 miles.
And mind you, semiferale cats are shy and move often first when the dark hours come, you wont see them if you arent specialized in it.

Also, the same for her. She comes into heat when she notices a tom nearby. Why, its not even absolutely necessary to be in heat. Cats are in much induced ovaluators, ie their egg cells come loose at first when they are mated.
So if an eager tom does mate her when she not in heat, she may become pregnant anyway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ninamarie55

My LILI Love
Kitten
Purraise
Has she dropped? Ie seems less voluminous than before? If not, it MAY be the Braxton-Hicks convulsions, the same as women may have several days before delivery.

But othewise my guess is she is in prelabor. This phase may be quite long, even 24 hours. Even if its often shorter.

Its the active pushing full labor phase which is normally always shorter than with women.

Also, its common they dont deliver in their nest. In nature they dont want their nest to become smelly or flea infested too early, so its quite typical, they deliver someplace, and first after it go into their chosen nest.

But her checking out where this nest is, is typical.

So, apparently nearing, maybe even just a few hours away. But the exact hour we dont know. Good you are watchful, but As for the moment, everything sounds fully normally and OK. Ninamarie55 Ninamarie55

Ninamarie55

My LILI Love
Kitten
Purraise
Wow awesome tips and I never knew 90% of all this! Yes she has dropped her milk is coming in. She is now in my closest digging around. Actually trying to get in a suitcase of mine. Not sure if I should open in or just let her do her thing. So very very interested in the Tom cat. I'm in all honesty shocked but makes sense because as I said I have never seen a single one. 10 miles away! Wow. This honestly was the most educational post I have ever read and I read a lot. I will keep you informed. It's defiantly time. Shes now on my bed panting. She really doesn't want much to do with me via affection but she is staying close. When I move she moves. She was also a feral who was out in a middle of a field by herself when my daughter found her. My daughter named her LILI because she was on a bug leaf in the middle of a puddle. She said she looked like a frog on a LILI pad! Lol

Ninamarie55

My LILI Love
Kitten
Purraise
I plan on keeping one. My daughter says yea right mom. But we have a friend with a special needs kid and LILI is around my grand daughter who is a twin and has Downs Syndrome and my Grand-twin has taken to her more so than our three dogs. Little ones. Lili thinks she's a dog too. We have found a vet in Fallon 45 miles away who is dedicated to help people in rural areas and is an excellent price. He's coming her next week because he also treats a lot of the larger animals in our area too check her at and make sure her and her kittens are ok. And is on call if we need him. She will be fixed 8 weeks after delivery! My baby LILI about ten days ago.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Set up a box in your closet as a nest. Cats love being in dark closets. Mine gave birth in a nest in a closet, and she and her 4 kittens lived there for the first 3 weeks. Then she brought them out.

Ninamarie55

My LILI Love
Kitten
Purraise
That's what I had for her but she avoided it so I took the box out and laid all the blankets and stuff on the floor her and she is going in and out of it now. She slept in it for a while today soshe will nest there and not on my bed! It's seems like it's taking for ever for this to happen. The baby's dropped and clear fluid coming out of her China! ( We call it that when my daughter was young she couldn't pronounce vagina so she said china) lol she has slept all day so maybe tonight?

Ninamarie55

My LILI Love
Kitten
Purraise
Well she lost her mucus plug about 2 + hours ago and then she began to meow and growl as it looked to me her bag of water or something was coming out no kitty she cleaned her self up and her nest and got into my Chinese food and now is in the living room chilling? Umm now what? Just sit and watch her? I am affraid to leave her for any amount of time, mean to go shower. Also she was meowing load and growling be for this ballon came out. Is that gonna get worse? She looked at me like touch me and I will scratch you eyes out. Then she stopped.??

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That ballon sounds peculiar BUT our forumists tell this somerimes. After it comes normal delivery anyway.

Ninamarie55

My LILI Love
Kitten
Purraise
Yea I thought it was odd but so far 2 and LILI is doing great. She almost had the first on while she was snuggles up to in my bed. But I scooped her up gently and oh boy she stated howling and growling and looking at me, I started to cry.. I think there is a few more. I will post pic sometime today. After I sleep! Happy Easter!

Ninamarie55

My LILI Love
Kitten
Purraise
Yea I thought it was odd but so far 2 and LILI is doing great. She almost had the first on while she was snuggles up to in my bed. But I scooped her up gently and oh boy she stated howling and growling and looking at me, I started to cry.. I think there is a few more. I will post pic sometime today. After I sleep! Happy Easter!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Let her have them where she is comfortable. You can move them later. I hope all goes well!

Ninamarie55

My LILI Love
Kitten
Purraise
She was better in the closet and I just bought my bedding yesteesay! So far 3 one tortie, and 2 orange tabbys there was a delay in the 3rd one about and hour and she was really meowing loud I came back to the closet and the 3rd one is huge! I only feel one more but I guess I will have to wait and see. Thanks everyone.

****pic of first born certainly a mamas girl at an hour old.
Went to the bathroom and a 4th orange tabby is here!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hope she’s done now! Make sure all kittens begin latching and nursing soon.

Ninamarie55

My LILI Love
Kitten
Purraise
Well the count rose 6! Yep 6 3 titties at least that's what I call them not sure and 3 orange tabbys. As far as u can see, the look like all girls? Which I may be wrong. Which would fit right into this house. It's me my daughter my grand twin girls, Marley she is our little dog, plyah is her baby girls and sugarbear she is my rescue puppy they are all small dogs and there is LILI. If this is true all females that makes 14 females in the house. Uggh thanks everyone I know I will have a zillion more questions coming up as they grow. Trying to upload a pic but I live where I call "The Hills Have Eyes " and it may download when they are a month! I will keep trying.