Looking for a recipe-pasty

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend and I want a good pasty pastry recipe too!! He's from England and so misses all that great stodgy 'portable' food like pasties and pies and scotch eggs. Since it was Yorkshire Day on Saturday we went to The Pasty Kitchen about a 15 minute drive away and picked some up, and made mashed potatoes, some veggies and Bisto gravy for dinner. And of course we had some Sam Smith's beer to wash it all down.

So yeah, we're lucky to have a pasty shop pretty close by that makes really good ones- beef, chicken or veggie, but it'd be nice to try making our own.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DarkMavis

My boyfriend and I want a good pasty pastry recipe too!! He's from England and so misses all that great stodgy 'portable' food like pasties and pies and scotch eggs. Since it was Yorkshire Day on Saturday we went to The Pasty Kitchen about a 15 minute drive away and picked some up, and made mashed potatoes, some veggies and Bisto gravy for dinner. And of course we had some Sam Smith's beer to wash it all down.

So yeah, we're lucky to have a pasty shop pretty close by that makes really good ones- beef, chicken or veggie, but it'd be nice to try making our own.
I was gonna make it tonight, but it turns out I have to work. :eek:(

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I want a pasty, I just have to go to the nearest fish and chip shop.

I personally prefer samosas