Looking for a Playmate for my Kitten

juriesempai

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There aren't many shelters in my area, at least not many that carry cats on a regular basis. I'm looking to adopt a cat that's about 3-4 months old in Kingman, Arizona or , Las Vegas, Nevada. Does anyone know of breeders or shelters that I could have a look at (that hopefully don't charge too much for precious furbabies!!!) I would greatly appreciate it. I've done google searches and checked on petfinder as well as petcha, but the results shown don't seem to have an extensive amounts of cats.

Than you ahead of time!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm really surprised you're having problems finding a kitten. I did a google search for  "Cat rescue Kingman Arizona" and got many, many results.  I pulled this one up - it's called Halt.  I know nothing about it but listed quite a few very cute kittens.  I'm sure if you did a similar search for Las Vegas you could find many kittens that way as well.

http://www.adoptapet.com/adoption_rescue/71969.html  

Another way to find kittens is through Craig's List.  Kittens there might cost less than a rescue or shelter  but might not be neutered, dewormed and/or  vaccinated.  Also most kittens at rescues and shelters will have had a vet check to make sure they are healthy.. 

It's always wonderful news to hear of someone looking for a new kitten.  I hope you find the perfect companion for your kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

juriesempai

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HALT is an alright organization but the founder of HALT is competing with my boss' organization. Because I volunteer at For the Luv of Paws, when I last talked to her she was very rude when mentioning my boss and the animals we rescue. The last few times I did check her site though, they only had 4 cats, all of which are adult.  As for For the Luv of Paws, where I work, they're kinda pricey on adoption fees.

I'll check the Vegas search again and if there aren't a lot of options I'll check out Craig's List. Thank you!!

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Gosh, if you're a volunteer for a rescue, you probably know more than I do about finding a kitten!  I hope you find just the perfect one. 

margd

Veteran
Purraise
What an adorable kitten! How could anyone ever resist such a little darling? I really hope you are able to bring him home soon!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Out of curiosity; what do you consider pricy on the adoption fees and what do the organizations include?  If it includes spaying/neutering and vaccinations it's worth considering how much you would have to pay your vet for the same services.  I know things can cost different depending on where you live; so I'm unfamiliar with what the norms in your area are.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

juriesempai

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well with a kitten with unusual markings it's usually $150 with spay and neuter included but maybe i'm just picky cause i've seen cats for much cheaper. ($25 for kittens which have been spayed / neutered!!)  I'm really cheap cause I live in a small town and I have a budget since I'm saving to pay off my student loans until I can get a full time job! The reason I'm looking for a kitten specifically is so he or she can play wrestle with my kitten and they can eat the same food and treats ect. so it'd be easier than buying two different things for cats who are different ages. o:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Good luck with your search. You never know where you might find your kitten. I actually found my Chula and Paul here on TCS and they were neutered and free. They are adults though. We do have one member who fosters pregnant cats and she said she sells the kittens for $25.00 - kittens are neutered, tested for diseases, vaccinated and dewomed. So they are out there. I hope you find the perfect buddy for your kitten. I totally get it with the school loans.