looking for a home/s for 2 7 month old kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mihjoy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My other kitten is off sleeping somewhere. As soon as I find her I'mm post her picture as well.

ziggy'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It would help if you would post your location since members here are all over the world.

ziggy'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are the kittens spayed and the dad neutered? If they are not they will likely get pregnant soon and you will have even more kittens you can't get rid of. The father cat will mate with the kittens even though they are related. If they are fixed they are also easier to place. If they aren't vaccinated do that too since that also helps as well as keeps the kittens healthy. There are probably low cost spay neuter clinics in your area.

It's difficult to place older kittens and once they get older it gets even harder. You have to be very proactive. Getting very good, cute pictures and a detailed, cute description of them and post it anywhere you can. Make flyers and hang them wherever you can, like pet stores, the library, vet offices, etc. Then also post them online, where you can. You can post them on Rescue Me, Craigslist and maybe some local sites where you can post ads. Keep in mind that you have A LOT of competition so you have to make your kittens stand out. There are thousands of kittens and young cats in your area that also need homes. You have to create an ad that sells and pictures are everything. Maybe put little cute shirts on them, or put them in a basket with some props, take some good close ups. etc. Also create a catchy headline. It's hard work to find them good homes but if you don't do it you will be stuck with them.

If you do find someone that is interested in them make sure you do your due diligence to make sure that it's a good home that will make a life long commitment to them. Ask questions about previous pets, make sure they understand that they are making a 15-20 year commitment and always visit the home of the person. It's best to do a home visit before the adoption date so you can back out if it's not right. Never, ever hand over a cat if you haven't seen where the person lives. Not everyone have good intentions or are responsible. There is a lot of info on how to screen adopters online and people here can answer questions too. 

Good luck!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've found that the easiest way to find homes for kittens is to get them tested for FIV and FIL first (Keep the vet's certificate to show they've tested negative) then get them vaccinated and spayed. Don't let your kittens go for free. People use free kittens for terrible things. You can ask for a contribution towards the cost of their vaccines, blood tests and spays. Responsible pet owners will have to have these things done to kittens anyway and it's reassuring to know that the kittens came from a good home where these things were done before they were adopted.

Good look with the home hunting.