Looking for a good high quality wet and dry cat food low grains or grainfree

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If her tooth loss is due to a traumatic injury she needs to see a vet. It sounds like she is in quite a bit of pain if she is having difficulty eat.

I would also advise that your brother not be left alone unsupervised with ANY of the animals. This is very concerning if, in fact, he did cause the dog this injury.
I agree. If he did injure the dog, he may need counseling. This kind of behavior generally only gets worse 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK I will talk to him and he won't be able ti be around my pets
How old is he? Is he a child? He may not admit to it if he did do it regardless of how old he is. I'd watch how the dog behaves around him. if he did in fact hurt the dog, you might be able to tell by how the dog acts around him. That's a sad situation. Shelties are such beautiful, sweet dogs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mary21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How old is he? Is he a child? He may not admit to it if he did do it regardless of how old he is. I'd watch how the dog behaves around him. if he did in fact hurt the dog, you might be able to tell by how the dog acts around him. That's a sad situation. Shelties are such beautiful, sweet dogs
he's 28 and he's my oldest Brother I'm the sceond to youngest I'm 21 my little Sisters 16 my middle brother is 26 my older Brother will be 22 in September

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I have been feeding my cats "Feline Caviar" for the last 20 years with no problems whatsoever. Once I had moved out of state and could not get it so had to feed my cats something else and one promptly came up with crystals and had to eat prescription food. When I moved back to where I could get Feline Caviar again I put them all back on that and there has not been another bout of crystals.

The kibble comes in several flavors, mine like chicken with salmon. This cat food is a holistic formula and my vet was impressed when I first brought him the ingredient list and there were no fillers but a good amount of taurine. No coloring agents, no grain, no potato or tapioca, no meat or poultry by-products, no ethoxyquino, no GMO, no gluten, one carb, two proteins. That was almost unheard of then.  This also means less poop and 1/4 cup twice a day per cat is plenty unless your cat is huge like a Maine Coon which might need 1/3 of a cup twice a day

A 12 lb bag will last my 4 cats a whole month and costs about $40.00. So this should be well within your budget as for 1 cat it should last 3 or 4 months. It comes in a heavy duty plastic bag with a zipper to keep it fresh.

Now Feline Caviar is available  via Internet from Chewy.com, they don't charge tax or shipping, some pet food stores also carry it but not Petco or Petsmart. Feline Caviar also comes in cans but I have not tried that as my cats have been happy with just the kibble.

If you have a dog they also have Canine Caviar but since I don't have a dog I know nothing about that. Ingredients are available on the site.

Please do not feed your cat Fancy Feast, it's not very good cat food, neither is canned Meow Mix or even IAMS. Cats love them but they are not too smart when it comes to food. 

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
she's a Purebred Sheltie both her Parents were small and she's just Lostmost of her teeth while I was away for a family emergency and I had been gone for just a week I think my brother Kicked her in the mouth while me and my mom were gone
Ugh how sad, I hope he did not do it on purpose!