Looking for a Ex-Show Coon.

wearymicrobe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is a long shot but I am looking for a ex-show altered Maine Coon age not that important but big and mellow and lap friendly.

I would like to get a companion for my current female coon, willing to travel to pickup and donate to maine coon rescue or another shelter in your area and give a nice home. Just post here or PM. I am on the site about one a week.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you look at breeders web sites many times they have retirees available from their breeding programs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wearymicrobe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

You can check with CFA's Breeder Referral on the web - they have retired show cats looking for homes.
Cheap for me is under 1K but free is always nice.

I have been asking at a few of the local shows and have had a few breeders who were interested. Once they are altered they clearly don't have breeding rights attached. Timing has never been right, but now it is so I started looking again.

Will check with the CFA. Thanks for that info, I forgot to look there.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of times breeders will retire a show cat (if its really good they may keep and show in the altered class) and charge for the cost of spaying/neutering, shots, and shipping charges....so you could get a nice retired one for maybe $300 (more or less).