Looking for a brand of cat food for cat's bowel problems

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Haha, yes! Our Anya is the queen bee around here (I say that, but she doesn't have a bad attitude or anything) and likes things in order. It is rather hilarious when she "beats him up," which is of course over-dramatizing it since it seems rather playful. She likes to bop Alexei up side the head when he steps out of line. It's a slow motion slap too. I think it's a motherly instinct or her just being the older cat because she also grooms him while he sleeps and seems to comfort him.
Our cats do a lot of this, too, particularly the slow-motion slaps! They're littermates, though, so there's definitely no mothering instinct going on. And they're both drama queens in their own ways.

I love that your cats have Russian names, @coquelicot!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coquelicot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Our cats do a lot of this, too, particularly the slow-motion slaps! They're littermates, though, so there's definitely no mothering instinct going on. And they're both drama queens in their own ways.

I love that your cats have Russian names, @coquelicot!
I think I'd just about die if I saw both of our cats doing the slow motion slap at once. For us it's just the one. I cannot help but lose it when I see it - really looks like they're filming some slow motion action sequence for a movie. And thanks! I named my first proper cat (first one I owned on my own) a Russian name a few years ago and have been continuing the trend since then haha. I love Russian literature so I can't resist!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When blighty was quite small he and whisky were sitting on the windows ledge and blighty did something to annoy whisky who turned round and boxed his ears.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When blighty was quite small he and whisky were sitting on the windows ledge and blighty did something to annoy whisky who turned round and boxed his ears.
That's a lot like what our cats do: they slap/punch each other on the ears. In slow motion. I always have the feeling they're thinking, "Now I shall punish you!"

@coquelicot: Getting back to your original question: Has Alexei's problem cleared up any after giving him more Fancy Feast? One other thought, too. Petco sells Soulistic foods (they're made by Weruva), including a pouch food called Autumn Bounty, which has a little pumpkin in it. It's a little carbier than what I usually feed our cats but they love it and a couple times it's seemed to regulate them, both ways. And about Russian literature: I'm a Russian-to-English literary translator so am especially glad to hear you enjoy Russian lit! (The cats and their fighting have been reminding me of two characters in the book I'm working on: they're medieval holy fools who punch each other if one wanders into the other's territory...)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coquelicot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

That's a lot like what our cats do: they slap/punch each other on the ears. In slow motion. I always have the feeling they're thinking, "Now I shall punish you!"

@coquelicot: Getting back to your original question: Has Alexei's problem cleared up any after giving him more Fancy Feast? One other thought, too. Petco sells Soulistic foods (they're made by Weruva), including a pouch food called Autumn Bounty, which has a little pumpkin in it. It's a little carbier than what I usually feed our cats but they love it and a couple times it's seemed to regulate them, both ways. And about Russian literature: I'm a Russian-to-English literary translator so am especially glad to hear you enjoy Russian lit! (The cats and their fighting have been reminding me of two characters in the book I'm working on: they're medieval holy fools who punch each other if one wanders into the other's territory...)
That's fantastic! Talk about a dream job (though, like all jobs, I'm sure it gets tiring too). I can't wait to transfer from my current college to a university so I can start taking Russian lessons again. My goal is to be able to read Dostoevsky's work in the original language. The subject of that book certainly describes my two as well and plenty of other cats I know too!

Alexei's poop has started to finally resemble actual cat waste instead of just some goop (I have no better way of describing it - it was both liquid and solid). It looks as if he's been covering half of it too. Maybe it was just so stinky not even he could bear to deal with it, lol! I'm going to head to the nearest pet store (45 dang minutes away, can't wait until we move) as soon as I get paid on Wednesday and get a better dry food for the other cat too.

Last edited:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad Alexei's doing a little better, that's great news! (Our previous cat had a habit of not covering, too... it was no fun. My husband read somewhere that it's an alpha cat sort of thing...) I hope he keeps getting better.

And the work, yes, I love it. It's difficult but tons of fun. Russian is lots of fun -- you'll love it!