Look what my mom brought home... sorta...

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Our only problem is that puppies belong in the house and do not belong on chains. They are dangerous! And the one that is just a leash can easily be chewed through. People just shouldn't get dogs if they are going to keep them outside especially little puppies. Also it's dangerous for puppies to be outside a lot until they have all their shots.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My SIL never had the Boxer in the house but she whines all the time when people are inside and she hears the other dogs. Its sad.

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
WOW you've taken on a lot of work, taking in two puppies. Make sure you do seperate training sessions with them every day, and bond with them seperately every day. One problem with having two puppies, especially two puppies from the same litter is that they often bond more strongly with each other than their humans. I notice also that they appear to be part pit bull. This means that you need to be on the look out for dog aggression as they get older. Around 1 1/2 to two years old they may start fighting with each other and you may need to resort to crate and rotate.

Training and socialization will be very important for these puppies. You don't want to have TWO unruly dogs to deal with; when they hit about 6 months old you will have two teenage dogs testing their limits and trying your patience - make sure you reinforce everything you've taught so far and never let them get away with breaking the rules! Good luck with your pups!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG!! there mom looked pit bull too! ok so... Boxer/Pit in them? lol I dont think they look Lab at all.

We're not worried about the Pit Bull part... we know how to handle that ((we already have a 12yr old Pit mix that we got when she was about 5-6yrs.

--------------------

So it was freezing last night.. and I mean it felt like the middle of winter again!! you could se your breath it was so cold!! well we brought the Pups in and they stayed in all night... they tried to eat everything!!! I cant remember the last time we had a puppy(s) this small/young!! lol
Also they were scared to death of the TV.. Buddy actually started crying (tears) and whining!!
I have pics but ill have to post them later.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

Ok people.. please stop bashing me because of this!!! there fine! there chains arnt to heavy for them and its not like they dont have shelter, there NOT gonna be on the chains forever anyway!! we're gonna put fencing up so they can run
Outdoor dogs are the norm over here, crate training is often considered cruel - keeping them in a rather small crate when they can be free outdoors.

I hope you get the fencing up soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Updates...
Today my mom got her "Bush Money" so she bought Kumar his Harness. We actually bought 2 from 2 different places... the 1st harness was to big so when we went to Wally World we bought another (we couldn't return the 1st one) and even though it was bigger, it fit him better

Then we bought fencing for the yard! I told you the pups wouldn't be chained forever. And I think cause the puppies are already paper trained, my moms gonna have them inside at night and outside during the day (there actually inside as I type).
I got the first part of the fence put up (yes.. im the one putting the fencing up
), I just gotta put the second part up then we'll have a fenced yard!!!

Also our Vet is coming on Wednesday to give the puppies a checkup/De-Wormed/Shots and to give Kumar a checkup, After there done Jack gets his Shots/Fixed and Kumar gets his Shots... then Bonnie gets checked (all at different times).