Look what followed me home...

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Her name is Chloe. She is 9 mos old and very sweet. After learning my lesson with Bear and the giardia, she will be isolated until everyone in the household is well. I think this will work well for her too since she is a little more timid than, say, Rex (who walked in like he owned the place). However, she would give her left paw for treats, so she is definitely motivated.

And a better pic of her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I am so in love with her already! She is beautiful and her fur is as soft as my Angora Rabbit's. I think she has some Maine Coon in her somewhere (she is obviously a mixed breed), but she has the "mane" and also the big fluffy tail. She is just gorgeous in person...her pictures do not do her justice.

She has spent the afternoon here purring and rolling. The whole time I am petting her, she is doing little acrobatics for me. She loves to be brushed. Such a "girly girl."
She and Blue and Rex and hissing under the door at each other for now...but that is about as close as they are getting to her until I know she is healthy (no diarrhea) and until they are both healthy (solid poos for a week or more).

I had thought of not bringing her home until Blue was finished with his surgeries and stuff, but I thought it would actually be better for him to meet and smell her now so that it would not stress him when he is trying to heal. He is fine with her - Blue is a very adaptable cat and he is very curious of her. She is a little hissy, but that is to be expected. Right now, we are just loving on her a lot and giving her space to hear our noises and get used to our home with her very own "safe place."

Like I said, though, I am in love already!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a beautiful tortie! Her coloring and her fur are similar to my Ginger, who is also a girlie-girl.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She sure is beautiful!
Our girly-girl is a Torby - and she is additionally needy, demanding, and quite hissy in addition to her prissy!

Don't mean to sidetrack ... but what happened with Bear? Last I remember he was better, and you were going to talk to the shelter after Rex and Blue were better. (I know you've since found out Blue has cancer
)

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Don't mean to sidetrack ... but what happened with Bear? Last I remember he was better, and you were going to talk to the shelter after Rex and Blue were better. (I know you've since found out Blue has cancer
)
Bear is not recovering as well as the first person I spoke with led me to believe. I spoke to the shelter manager on Thursday and she said that he is still having the diarrhea off and on (frequency wise) and his stools have not firmed up much, if any. He is just not having the red bottom and the leaking now.
He is still not gaining weight and the shelter is not sure if they are going to release him at all. They have a volunteer who is willing to take him home as a foster and continue working with him, but they are not going to re-adopt him out until he is 100%. Like me, they suspect there is more to this and the reason he can't seem to fight it. I felt like Rex really needed a friend NOW and who knows when or IF Bear will ever be back up for adoption. I prayed about it and I feel like God led me to this little girl...more than once. It is a really interesting story - I have been looking at her for awhile...since I started looking for a friend for Blue after Sissy died...but I always looked over her because she was young (at first, I wanted an older cat for Blue...then we tried one and she was very timid and never came out of the closet. That is how we ended up with Rex and Bear). Oddly enough, every time I looked on petfinder or saw signs at the grocery store in my town, or in the newspaper..it was always HER little face staring back at me. The shelter folks remarked, when I went to get her, that they had NO IDEA why this gorgeous cat was still there. They were shocked! When I was playing with her, the guy said, "Wow...she must have been waiting on YOU because I have never seen her so loving!"

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know.
I think about him everyday and call the shelter at least twice a week asking about him. If Blue's diarrhea doesn't clear up and we have him tested for T. Foetus, I plan to call the shelter and give them the results as well. I know they aren't going to test for that (even though I called and told them all about it)!

I miss sweet little Bear...I really wish it hadn't had to be the way it was.
Of course, I wish Sissy hadn't died and Blue didn't have cancer right now too.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chloe is just gorgeous!! What a pretty tortie girl she is!! So glad you finally adopted her and I really hope all works out for her in your household. I'm sorry to hear about Bear and I really hope he recovers.

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind words. It is really nice to have another girl in the house since Sissy died. It makes her all the more special to me.

crazycalico

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry about Bear

Chloe is absolutely gorgeous!!! Since I got Hemi I've really started liking that coloring, I never realized how incredible it would look on a long haired kitty! Wow!

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww she is gorgeous
and I just love hearing about how fate plays a hand in delivering a special furbaby into your life. It just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, I'm so happy for both of you.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I'm in love TOO! Tortie have such sweet funny catitudes. She is so adorable and look so happy in her new home. You deserve this bundle of joy in your life!!