Look at what Minka was up to last night.....Ohhh boy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittenminka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We are looking at getting another Seal Point apple head probably another female since we have heard having one of each will be a problem, I just hope that she will take well if we do get another one.

Might be around the same time as well got Minka in July ish we will have to see since we are trying to expand our family with a baby. I will keep you posted. :)

shadowbaby14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your Minka is so sweet! I love siamese cats. So elegant, and smart. Mi siamese, Candy, passed this summer. I loved her to death and she will forever be in my heart. 

kittenminka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear about your Candy, may she rest in peace.

Thank you for the wonderful comment.

kittenminka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This was Candy. She was probably 12 years old here.
WoW Candy was a gorgeous kitty, I agree that she is watching upon you.

Yeah I was surprised to see how fast Minka was getting her color I honestly thought it would take over a year....

now this month she is going on 8 months, so time to get her fixed :( not looking forward to that, but it needs to be done.

shadowbaby14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well she is a very beautiful girl! I hope you guys have a very wonderful time together for the years to come. 

(My kitty will need to get fixed in a couple months too! Let me know how that goes, I'm curious as to how kitties react to this. :O)

kittenminka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah me neither never went through the process either I will keep you posted, should be the end of this month when I can get her in.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, good luck both with your girls going in to have their operation.  My two tabby girls came to me at around 10 weeks and I had to take them in for speying a couple of months after I brought them home.  They were both fine and my main worry was stopping them running about too much after the first night home as their stitches needed to heal.  It is always worrying as things can happen but by far the majority are fine - many more so than if left without the surgery.

@KittenMinka  I will look forward to how things progress in your household over the coming year - from Minka's take-over to progress on building this family of yours.  
  I hope all goes well for you.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@Shadowbaby14  Here is a link to an artile on TCS that advises on spaying and neutering that goes in to some of the common problems if not spaying, and also a little about the sugery.  It also gives links for more details.

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/spay-and-neuter-your-cats

There are all too many threads on Pregant Cats and Kitten Care as well as Behaviour forums which talk through some of the problems that can occur where female cats have not been spayed.  There are occasional ones where problems have happened in surgery but these really are very rare.  Far more risk of loosing your cat due to her escaping and being hurt when she is in heat, problems with pregnancy and birth complications following getting out when in heat, and distressed behaviours when in heat.

I was not well educated about cats when I adopted my two tabby girls and had initially not planned to have them spayed, and even liked the idea of my gorgeous girls having kittens, but once I saw how distressed one of them was when she was in heat I soon changed my mind.