Look At This Miracle Kitty!! WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTOS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermom1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by batgirl2good

HE is an angel! IS $$ still welcome? I would like to help.
Yes ,yes so far the bill is at $ 3000 and any help we can get is so appreciated. Today he has a check up to see if he needs a third surgery. Please pray for him that he doesn't.Thank you for offering help you are a true angel.:heart3

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bless you for caring for this little one! Sherman is a lucky kitty to have been put in such loving arms.
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing pictures of him now, after the surgery and after much love.

As a matter of course, it is our policy to post our Rule/Disclaimer about asking for donations, although you have already assuaged many fears in your first post by listing the vet and the organization that you work with. In other words, please don't take offense, as we post this as a matter of policy.

Originally Posted by Rules

5. Solicitations – TheCatSite.com does not encourage or promote solicitation of money from our members. We will help in every way possible with our knowledge and support, but as many of us have multi-cat households and work with local rescue groups, monetary support is not always possible to causes or people we do not personally know. Members are allowed one posting in the SOS forum for each organization. Repeated postings for the same cause or organization will be deleted.

The needs of rescue workers are great and we recognize this fact. To care for multiple cats, find suitable homes, good vet care, food, etc. is costly. From time to time you will see some posts come up to ask for donations for a cause. It is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. More often, you will see pleas from individuals asking for money to be sent directly to them to assist with veterinary bills. Some come up with slick websites, others just have heartwrenching stories. In each of these cases, the poster is allowed ONE thread, to be placed in Cats SOS.

In either case, if you feel compelled to donate money ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. For personal pleas, get the veterinarian’s contact information and send money directly to the veterinarian to help with bills for that particular cat. If that information is not available, you have the answer if the plea is legitimate or a scam.

Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet.

fostermom1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Bless you for caring for this little one! Sherman is a lucky kitty to have been put in such loving arms.
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing pictures of him now, after the surgery and after much love.

As a matter of course, it is our policy to post our Rule/Disclaimer about asking for donations, although you have already assuaged many fears in your first post by listing the vet and the organization that you work with. In other words, please don't take offense, as we post this as a matter of policy.
Sorry I did not know that. I'm new to forums. Do you have any references that can help us with our situation

sirha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow that kitten is soooo lucky to have you! I bet he got kicked too. At his size it is more likely that he would not have survived a car hitting.

fostermom1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: Sherman went to the vet today. The vet said he looks great, but he still has a lot of bacteria. When he was found he was injured for a while and the bacteria from the infection went into the jaw bone. He is already on antibiotic (amoxicillin) and today he got additional antibiotic (clindamycin). Sherman will not get his stitches removed on june 17, because if the bacteria does not go away with the antibiotics than it has to be removed by surgery. Sherman's next check up is tuesday june 20th. Please pray for SHERMAN!!!!!!
Thank you for your support!!!!!

writergirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think it is great you have taken care of this little cat. I'm sorry for him that he was in such rough shape. I would love to see some 'after' photos if you get a chance to take some.

Erica

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FosterMom1

Yes ,yes so far the bill is at $ 3000 and any help we can get is so appreciated. Today he has a check up to see if he needs a third surgery. Please pray for him that he doesn't.Thank you for offering help you are a true angel.:heart3
I am mailing a check today....

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
{{{{Sending more health and healing vibes for sherman
}}}}

Please don't take offence fostermom,I have checked out your charity as I live in the u.k. and hadn't heard of it, and i know how important it is to get the money to the animals that need it.
I would like to send a small donation to put towards the expense of shermans treatment.

Can i ask you foster mom,I live overseas from you how would i send a donation,do i send a bank cheque or a personal cheque,sorry if it sounds numb

fostermom1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryferals

{{{{Sending more health and healing vibes for sherman
}}}}

Please don't take offence fostermom,I have checked out your charity as I live in the u.k. and hadn't heard of it, and i know how important it is to get the money to the animals that need it.
I would like to send a small donation to put towards the expense of shermans treatment.

Can i ask you foster mom,I live overseas from you how would i send a donation,do i send a bank cheque or a personal cheque,sorry if it sounds numb
Sorry we are not that big to be known overseas.
www.catsatthestudio.com

julya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How is Sherman doing? I hope he's still improving. I was wondering if the vet has him on Metronidazole too? This antibiotic is not only good for the GI tract, but it is also good for Gram Negative bacteria. I've had good luck with it in conjuction with Clindamycin or Baytril to treat stubbon infections. {{Good vibes continue to come Sherman's way}}

fostermom1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Julya

How is Sherman doing? I hope he's still improving. I was wondering if the vet has him on Metronidazole too? This antibiotic is not only good for the GI tract, but it is also good for Gram Negative bacteria. I've had good luck with it in conjuction with Clindamycin or Baytril to treat stubbon infections. {{Good vibes continue to come Sherman's way}}
Thank's for the tip. I will ask the vet about it. New pictures coming tomorrow.

julya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sherman is so cute! I'm sure he'll have no problem finding a loving home. He looks a lot better! He's gonna have a really cute and unique little jaw line once it's all healed. Bless him.