Look at the cat gift I was given today!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I talked to MIL tonight. I asked her how she got the idea and if she photographed the portrait on the sly. She actually did the design from memory! Pretty amazing!  You can't see it in the pic, but she captured the shading of my (portrait) hair and the grass shading perfectly. 

My father-in-law made the frame, too!  He offered to make a wooden stand, but I know the cats would only knock it over.

MIL thought I could hang it in the kitchen window, but we get so little light there (and it's a narrow window at that), I hesitate to do so.  I kind of wanted to keep it by the portrait, so visitors could see the comparison, but I don't think it looks good there. 

I'm still on Cloud Nine about the glass! I just can't believe someone would do this for me.  I joked with MIL, "This may be the one and only portrait of me that I like!" (I'm known in the family as the woman who hates seeing pictures of herself. I go to great lengths not to be photographed.)

sflacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a special gift.So much love and hard work.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is lovely. What a thoughtful, special gift from someone who obviously cares about you very much.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful and touching gift!   Your MIL must be a very special person.    I wish that my late MIL had been like that --- she thought I was crazy to be "cat crazy".

You can send your MIL my way any day.   Please tell her that all of us think the world of her.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a beautiful gift!You have a very special mother in law......she must be a treasure!