Longhair or shorthair in his future?

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Difficult call but I'm going to guess fluffy just because I think he would be beautiful with a nice thick coat :cloud9:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Tail is more kitten fluffy than bushy. Still I wouldnt be surprised if he ends as a medium hair (ie genetically long hair). Time will tell; some kittens are alike changelings!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Still unsure, but thinking maybe short and really thick? He's still as soft as ever! His brother feels kind of rough, like he has guard hairs. Tato is just soft all over. Guests fight over who gets to cuddle him because he feels like a warm little stuffed animal.
20231227_221205.jpg
20231227_221124.jpg
20231227_220837.jpg
20231227_220519.jpg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Unsworen is best, as the swedish proverb says, but my guess now is me too thinks he is a shorthair. He gets prettier and prettier for every day going!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
His point gene come probably from ragdoll Ancestry... There are klans in ragdolls whom do have greenish / turkose eyes.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
His point gene come probably from ragdoll Ancestry... There are klans in ragdolls whom do have greenish / turkose eyes.
How neat!! I should try to get a picture of the cat that I'm thinking is his father. I do not know its eye color, but it is a gorgeous cat - I have seen it sneaking around for a few weeks now. It is big, very fluffy, and definitely a dark seal point...no mitts or white markings, but it looks very very much like this one, only a little more scruffy because it's a "stray" tomcat. - It has a beautiful fluffy ruff though and dark points. I'd love to get this group of males neutered. Just today I spotted five of them - Two getting into a nasty fight right in the middle of the street.

a1b55cef16f49c85dd8d40ed02174b7f--seal-point-ragdoll-cat-nebula.jpg

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
aww try getting in touch wiht some local rescue groups. they might be able to trap and find homes for or tnr depending on if they are actually feral.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
aww try getting in touch wiht some local rescue groups. they might be able to trap and find homes for or tnr depending on if they are actually feral.
I don't know if they will qualify as feral, but I have been looking into it. There is an older lady living across the street who feeds them. I don't know where she's getting them...I believe she's just feeding strays that then move into her house. All males, as far as I've seen. Some will let me approach them or pick them up and some will run away. (Often right back into her house)

In the last few days I have seen a fluffy seal point, a tuxedo, a black, a tabby and white, a possible lynx point? a red and white tabby, an orange tabby and a classic tabby. She has a cat in every color.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am still curious about the texture of his fur. As I said before, his brother has coarse guard fur. So does my girl Reese. Tato's fur is incredibly soft - Like minky fabric or an incredibly soft toy. Is it just a different coat type? Some sort of uber-soft baby fur? I wouldn't be sad if he grew up and kept his Beanie Baby fur. 😂

Especially since he's so boneless...it's like carrying a soft, floppy stuffed animal around. When he wants to be put down, he slides down off of your lap like jello, lands flat on his face, doesn't try to catch himself AT ALL with his paws...he just flops and sags into the floor as if he's full of beans. So unlike his brother, who jumps and lands on his feet like a proper cat. I love the soft fur and I love the floppiness. He walks more like a clumsy puppy with too-big paws instead of an elegant little cat. He's hilarious.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
20240104_150528.jpg
20240104_150505.jpg
20240104_150404.jpg
20240104_145804.jpg

Changing my guess to maybe medium-length fur? He's starting to develop fluffy cheeks, a fluffy tail, and longer fur around his collar.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am still curious about the texture of his fur. As I said before, his brother has coarse guard fur. So does my girl Reese. Tato's fur is incredibly soft - Like minky fabric or an incredibly soft toy. Is it just a different coat type? Some sort of uber-soft baby fur? I wouldn't be sad if he grew up and kept his Beanie Baby fur. 😂

Especially since he's so boneless...it's like carrying a soft, floppy stuffed animal around. When he wants to be put down, he slides down off of your lap like jello, lands flat on his face, doesn't try to catch himself AT ALL with his paws...he just flops and sags into the floor as if he's full of beans. So unlike his brother, who jumps and lands on his feet like a proper cat. I love the soft fur and I love the floppiness. He walks more like a clumsy puppy with too-big paws instead of an elegant little cat. He's hilarious.

well from the sounds of it he gets his coloration from a ragdoll cat lol my cat clawdius is just like that. also I always say this when I see a baby with a collar on.. make sure it can break away with the body weight the kitten has. if he does get lost and grows past that collar it can be very very bad. we just make sure our kittens don't get out instead of putting collars on :)

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well from the sounds of it he gets his coloration from a ragdoll cat lol my cat clawdius is just like that. also I always say this when I see a baby with a collar on.. make sure it can break away with the body weight the kitten has. if he does get lost and grows past that collar it can be very very bad. we just make sure our kittens don't get out instead of putting collars on :)
To each their own! I keep collars on mine just in case, because accidents happen when you least expect it...plus the bells are very helpful for making sure that we don't accidentally step on them. It's hard having TWO of these little buggers running around underfoot in a house that often has 10 people in it. They're bound to get squished under a chair, under a foot, or in a door if we don't hear their little warning bells.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
20240105_101539.jpg

Today's picture. He's a little different all the time! It's fun watching him and his brother grow.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are we still thinking he is seal point?

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
def seal point. seals are the only point that have black points. and bits on his face and tail are deffo black. his eyes aren't solid blue which I think means he has some burmese or tonkinese ancestry (ragdolls can have this trait). might be a mink with how dark his back is and how little he is and the eye coloring.

oh wow yeah I think tehre is some tonkinese in there

your baby has a face that is very much like these kittens.