Longhair cat "clingons"

justjayde

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree that the problem could be diet related. I found out after a LOT of poopy mess that my kitty can NOT eat wet food. Any brand... without it making his tummy sick. I have put him on 100% dry for now - and his stool is MUCH better.

I also have his bum shaved once a month - I take him to the groomer and they run the razer up the back of his legs, his bum and I have them ALSO do the underside base of his tail. Our "issues" are now manageable. Once in a while I have to break out the wetwipes.

I also keep ROUNDED TIP scissors handy - from the womens area of the dept store meant to trim brows/nose hair etc.... and when he has poop in his fur I clip it out. This makes the battle pretty much non existent. He hates wetwipes on his fur but will let me trim away poopy fur with no problems. Wetwipes are reserved for wiping on the actual anus.

We are much happier.

PLEASE don't put your cat down over poopy bum issues... try some of the suggestions here regarding change the food and how to do it slowly so there are no tummy issues. If you decide you do not want your cat PLEASE take him to a no kill shelter so he may be adopted by someone who doesn't mind taking care of his little bum issues.

PERSONALLY I would never trade my Kismet in for all the money in the world, poopy bum or not. I love him. I am just glad he is getting better with the clean ups

EVERY time he goes to litter and is done I call out "Lets check your bum!" and he comes trotting over to me so I can check if he needs a cleanup.
It works for us.