(long)Very worried about my dear neighbor... What should I do???

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a case manager for Elderly services here in Ohio. If you are at all worried about her safety you should contact adult protective services, you can do some anonymously, they will just do a wellness check on her. If they feel she is at risk they will contact family.

As far as her behavior, she has serious Alzheimers and if she cannot remember the beginning of the sentence by the end of the sentence, she shouldn't be left alone. She could leave a stove on, leave hot water on in a bath tub and really hurt herself and/or others.

As far as medications, there are devices to help her remember to take medications. There is a medicine dispenser that hooks to the phone line that someone manually fills with the medication and it will dispense at certain times during the day, it will sound for the person to take it, and if it isn't taken in 30 minutes it will call an emergency contact.

There are door alarms that can be installed, so she doesn't wander. There are bracelets that she can wear that can track her where abouts if she was to wander.

If you have any other questions or concerns and want to ask, let me know here or PM me. I deal with Alzheimers clients on a regular basis.

Leslie